Thread: I downloaded pokemon fire red and leaf green but it wont save...

I downloaded pokemon fire red and leaf green but it wont save...

I downloaded the two roms when they both came out, but i noticed they had a different save type than the others... I have virtual basic and i played it on it... it worked but when i save and quit it wont actually save the file and i have to start over... anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

Persoanly, i wouldnt go around saying that you download roms. But if this is of any help, emulators usualy have there own save system thingy, file>save>slot#

But since the is just a rom, it doesnt really have the save capabilitys, so emulators naturaly coem with built in memory cards.

Hmm... pokemon... brings back memories...

Anywho, i used to play the gundam wing fighting game rom, after that i stopped.

Yeh, i agree with ANBU, its not a good idea to publicize that you use roms, never know who might be looking at this board.

Game boy games have come down in price lately, bout 40 bucks each. But still kinda pricey.

The bad thing with warez and roms are if your stuck, won't load/save and etc, your basically screwed. You don't want to go to a company going ooo look i got this hacked version of your product here.

yup, the japanese game boy advance mafia is coming for me as we speak....
    except not

Well thats the ironic thing about warez gokudagreat. If something won't save,won't play and etc, its hard to find out why.

Its not like your going to call up nintendo and go, hey, my pokemon rom isn't working, how do i save.

RE: I downloaded pokemon fire red and leaf green but it wont save...

tbh i think the guy just wanted an answer, not a lecture.

chojin, the answer lies in the lecture. Roms are a mixed bag. For instance if i download a rip of counter strike but i can't play online, that means i can't play online and im screwed.

Its a rom chojin, which means theres no offical support,no help line etc.

If your unable to save, its the guy who did the roms fault.

lol.

It is actually the guy who made the ROM's fault. He should of extracted the SRAM file as well and patched it in with the ROM (Not that i have any experience with Ripping Cartridges anyway).

In order to fix such a problem, i would suggesting running an SRAM Patch on the ROM. LittleWriter do it automatically with a plugin, but that's for burning ROMs to an actual Cartridge. However i believe they also supply an SRAM Patch exe file there as well... hm.... *takes a quick look*

ugh.... for some reason the website won't load for me. Probably because i'm maxing my bandwidth right now anyway. So i suggest you google something like:
    "SRAM Patch" + GB or "SRAM Patch" + GBC or "SRAM Patch" + Gameboy or "SRAM Patch" + GBA or some other variation. I'm sure you'll find something.

Ah here we go. Go to http://mapage.noos.fr/dadywriter/ and download the SRAM Patch Software. Then simply drag and drop the rom you want patched into the exe i think.

I have no experience on using the patch, so i wouldn't know how you use it. But i'm guessing it's that simple. =P