Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VB6 help needed!

RE: VB6 help needed!

Not to be an ass, but the link is up above at least three times. However, I would like some help on this, since this is a side-project to further my personal understanding of VB, not classwork.

Anyway, here is the link to the RAR file with the project, and three forms, of which only two are being used.

And CmDr_RavEn, that's quite alright, if you had told me earlier, I wouldn't have continued bugging you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

VB6 help needed!

^.^ those links didn't work.

:: i'd like to say, that pop-menu system is not that practical, and shouldnt you make the "main menu" on the top left... or else you cant control things :/

Blog Entries

VB6 help needed!

http://www10.brinkster.com/botdev/ChangeProject.rar

I just edited it on my own, and cleaned it up a bit. I'm not really sure why the other forms were needed (specifically the pop-up menu stuff), so I just took it out. Feel free to add it back if you wish.

Edit: err, I ended up using VB.NET naming conventions, but it should still be readable.

VB6 help needed!

Ah, I see. I am an novice/intemediate level programmer. And for some reason, my school only used VB6, so I am used to VB6 stuff.

However, do you have VB6? I can always upgrade to VB.net, but I won't be able to bring it in to CS2A/B next year and use all of it is all.

And thanks!

Blog Entries

If your question is directed at me, then I do have VB6. The .NET IDE most likely won't know how to handle VB6 files. The rar file I posted earlier is all VB6, the naming conventions for variables and functions are VB.NET style is all. Instead of "frmMain", it would be "MainForm"; you can always just edit them back.

Also, if your thinking of upgrading to VB.NET I suggest you look into object oriented programming concepts. VB.NET is a OOP language, its not event driven like VB6.

Alright, here is the final program for now. Hit the 'About' button for info and instructions before doing anything. Also, any bugs, please report them to me here.

And thanks to Barumonk, who is cited in the About as well! If you would like your real name to be cited, PM/IM me and let me know, and I will modifiy accordingly! Thanks again!

No comments of any kind? No complaints, or additions I could make? Perfection? Baka-na! ('Impossible!') [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]