Page 210 of 337 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 6729

Thread: New sig or wallpaper? show it off here!

That's a very nice sig Thi3f. I personally like the text background as well. It's simple, and I love seeing strawberry in all the different languages. Though, not the style for me... keep up the good work.

Here's a simple one for me. Just a header for a profile. It didn't take me that long... maybe 10 minutes. But I like the way it looks...

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

@Thi3f it looks good i like it
    @Alhuin that looks good too
    Note: I am a very blunt person when it comes to giving or receiving compliments.

Anyway Heres my latest:

I found this render just sitting around...so i used it

I'm official.

It doesn't blend well, Zinobi. The background is grungy/rough looking but the render is silky smooth. Background is pretty flat too, so try adjusting contrast or curves.

@Thi3f : nice, very nice. Yea simple does look good, especial since it is something different.

@Alhuim : looks good, for a header for a profile is awsome as a sig, its not bad, the water ripples are nice, but the background is a little scratchy and looks kinda bad up against the ripples. If you could get the letters to wave together with the ripples that would be awsome.

@zinobi : your sigs are getting better, maybe you could add a border and enhance the background alittle.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

New Work, i like this one alot but i think i'll keep Stitch as my current for a while longer.

This is the same picture i used on the big ass sig i made before but i put alot more work into this one, it's a photomanip.

New work, yet another photomanip, ask if you want to see the original pic.
    Last edited by PSJ; Thu, 05-18-2006 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    @Alhuim : looks good, for a header for a profile is awsome as a sig, its not bad, the water ripples are nice, but the background is a little scratchy and looks kinda bad up against the ripples. If you could get the letters to wave together with the ripples that would be awsome.
    What do you mean "ripple effect". I used no such effect. All I did was take a c4d render, duplicate it, colour change on the second one then mess with blurs and opacity. Then, there's an outer glow on the text. I don't quite see what you mean by "ripple effect". Thanks for the criticism though.

EDIT: Also, the text is meant to be visible... not in a position where it's hard to read. It's just for the top of a profile so people can see my name.

Ok. Its not that great, but I didnt want to do anything special with these. But I still want to know how I did. Im going to actually do more to the background and renders when I make my bleach sigs. So what do you think?

Last edited by Carnage; Thu, 05-18-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuin
    What do you mean "ripple effect". I used no such effect. All I did was take a c4d render, duplicate it, colour change on the second one then mess with blurs and opacity. Then, there's an outer glow on the text. I don't quite see what you mean by "ripple effect". Thanks for the criticism though.

EDIT: Also, the text is meant to be visible... not in a position where it's hard to read. It's just for the top of a profile so people can see my name.

Look at the lower left hand side of you sig. There are ripples coming out of it, like some just dropped a pebble in water.
    ___

@god2 well the gundam renders look good but get rid of the thing behind that guy on the first one, they look fine though. but fix the pixelated text it just doesnt look good. enhance your background and good text placement except on the Raider one try to not have the underline and make the text part of the mace. also with the text try to blend it better with whatever its over (ie the background or mace)

I'm official.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    Look at the lower left hand side of you sig. There are ripples coming out of it, like some just dropped a pebble in water.

Ahh.... I see what you mean now. Unfortunately, that wasn't intentional. That's actually the center of the c4d render... and it has a radial blur on it... which is how it has that effect. I actually think it looks good the way it is... so I'm not going to worry about messing with it anymore. I'll probably just do something similar to it soon for a sig for this forum (finally)...

Quote Originally Posted by God#2
    Ok. Its not that great, but I didnt want to do anything special with these. But I still want to know how I did. Im going to actually do more to the background and renders when I make my bleach sigs. So what do you think?

Those bgs and texts really suck...so much more effort could have been put into that...

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

i seconded, just didn't want to say anything until his bleach sigs came out. this seem to be just thrown together.
    ___

Thx alot for the advice Zinobi, I'll be sure to take it in future sigs.

@Pheonix and drage: Ya, the bgs do suck, but I'm pretty sure Ill do much better on the bleach sigs.

For the text set it to to sharp or something. Not just "none". Its on the top bar menu thingy. And yea read some of my basic tutorials. I wrote A LOT of helpful stuff in this forum so anyone who comes here should be able to be pro in a couple days if they read it all :P

I agree with Kage, read his tutorials. This goes for all beginners and not just God#2. It will do all of you very good to read up on some tutorials.

Is this any better?

Is this any better?

its better, you should work on the text, and do a some enhancement to the render, its deffinately better. Not sure how i feel about the render on the left though, think you should work on that i don't see the significance of it.

Take pheonix and Kage's advice, go over some of the tuts.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Fri, 05-19-2006 at 09:16 PM.
    ___

Is this any better?
    Heh. Aye, it's much better and shows some nice artistic and technical aspects, but for some reason it hurts my eyes... I think the background and the renders are blending in a twisted way, and I can't always tell which one is which. That, of course, is my problem as such, and has nothing to do with your work. I just needed to say it here.

Other than that, like you said yourself, the render on he left is a bit strange. Generally people with their heads cropped out of the picture aren't the greatest of details. With that render you could say the red cape and the katana justify it some extent, but I'm still not sure they are enough as such to give the render the whole left side of the image. But once again, that's just my personal opinion.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...n/shikagan.png
    I went a bit over the top. Like, literally, over the top.
    Note to self: No.

This was made as a joke for someone, hence the poor value:

master_me + dA = <3

I like that little banner thingy. Looks cool and it is very true to. Real heroes do use real blades.