Thread: DivX player

DivX player

Um, I', currently using the "DivX Player pro 5.0 (i think)" - but it seems to crash soemtimes, making my computer re-boot.
    Before I began using Divx player, I used Windows MEdia player, Winamp and Clipex, they used to play DivX files, now they don't, I have no idea why - it just stopped, Media Player plays just sound, and so does Winamp, Clipex Doesn't even play any of them.
    Please, if you know how to fix any of the problems above, or know about a good DivX player, please paste a link here. (I would like a player where u can open folders or multiple files at the same time, so i won't need to open every single episode I want to watch.
    Thank you.

DivX player

Thank you so much. I hope this program doesn't crash and reboot my comp ^_^

Arigato Gosaimasu

DivX player

I love zoomplayer, check it out:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download413.html

DivX player

Will do!

DivX player

zoomplayer i like a little better, altough you can't open url's

DivX player

it doesn't really matter what player you use

you just need to install the divx codec.

i usually watch my episodes with winamp and i have no problem with it at all

DivX player

I liked zoomplayer better -.-

kage_bunshin, where do i get teh video codec? xX

RE: DivX player

I really see no reason for using anything else but the windows media player, it works perfectly as long as youve got the right codecs. The only reason I can come up with is you need to load subtitles and if that is the case I can recomend BSPlayer ...

Windows Media Player has worked with all my anime so for exept for a few eps of Chobits. but if you want a good one I suggest BSplay, it's so far the best player I have, I'm just to lazy to open it since I got AVI files assosiated with Windows media player, I rather just DB click the files in Explorer

Feh, as soon as a PC starts rebooting for no apparent reason, that's when i start searching for hardware problems. It also is generally related to hardware problems too, as it's unlikely that a software problem (Especially a video) could cause your computer to reboot.

I had that problem once, over time the reboots came in shorter time periods. It could be your harddrive is corrupt in a specific sector, and when you try and play the file the players are unable to read that sector. The other players you mentioned probably automatically skip the bad sector and try to carry on, whilst the DivX player tries to force read the bad sector which causes a reboot as it gives tons of errors to the OS in the background.

I've had a total of 2 occasions where my computer randomely rebooted like that. One occasion it was the motherboard, and the other occasion it was a Harddrive. I suggest you diagnose and start checking around too =P

www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

is vlc really good mut@t@ ?

Media Player Classic is very handy for playing quicktime and realplayer files (doesn't handle latest quicktime yet AFAIK)

VLC is the one player that I reach for every time any the other players fail - it gets a recommend from me too.