Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limit of Desert Coffin

Limit of Desert Coffin

Just wondering about Gaara's sand moves, can he only control the sand in his gourd or can he actually manipulate sand around him? During the forest of death fight, you see him control sand already on the ground to kill the mist genins, but in the chuunin finals, where the entire arena is covered in sand, gaara could only control the sand in his gourd. If he was able to control sand, it wouldn't matter how fast sasuke is, because the entire battlefield is sand. Just wondering. What is the range limit of Gaara's sand attacks?

"You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

RE: Limit of Desert Coffin

I think there's a certain amount of poetic license involved - if he could manipulate the entire arena he'd be unstoppable and that wouldn't suit the plot. In the same way they never show Shika fighting at night, because with shadows everywhere nobody could beat him.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

just don't fight gaara at the beach.

and at the chuunin exam, the ground was covered in dirt, not sand. HEHE
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

I wonder what a fight between Gaara and Shikamaru would be like at night on the beach.

Dirt is more or less sand.. Sand is small dirt particles. Unless you want to argue that Gaara can only control silicone substances.

I agree with Commander Raven. Can't be making him too powerful you know.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

nah dirt isnt really the same as sand. sand is small, small very small stones. and dirt is more things than just small stones.

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    nah dirt isnt really the same as sand. sand is small, small very small stones. and dirt is more things than just small stones.
    Yeah, dirt is decomposed critters.

Heh well im sure that the 'dirt' in the arena was pretty' sand-like', considering that so much dust flew up whenever the characters hit the ground or dug a hole [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

I think he can only control HIS sand. The bloody, cursed, motherly sand that he has in his gourd.

sand is rock that has been beaten down by wind and has become grandulated, dirt is well clay its harder to explain more like just earth there is a difference

and yeah gaara i think has maybe a 30 feet 360 degree circle of how far his sand can reach

the range is exactly 53.34 feet
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

His range is directly related to how much sand he has.

the range is exactly 53.34 feet
    Where's that from?
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

well you can trust assertainefailure it probably right

well if you saw ep75 when there was a flash back of Gaara, where was his gourd then? so where did the sand he was controlling come from?

think about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

-------------------------
    read these facts:
    -------
    1. i am never wrong.
    2. itachi is the strongest character introduced and alive so far.
    3. if you think naruto is the most powerful character, then you are stupid and wrong. potential and current available strength are two different things.
    4. dbz and naruto share similiarities. duh.

1) nobody is ever right always
    2) jiraiya is the strongest character introduced and alive so far.
    3) if u think naruto is the most powerful character, then you are clever and correct. potential strength overweighs current available strength.
    4) i dont like dbz o_O

Originally posted by: dazzz
    just don't fight gaara at the beach.

and at the chuunin exam, the ground was covered in dirt, not sand. HEHE
    also, this is so wrong, gaara can only control HIS own sand, which comes from within his gourd. therefore, there is only a certain amount of area he can reach. if he could control any nearby sand, he would be overpowered.

if u doubt me, rewatch the anime/ read the manga a few times more. u'll notice that the comments on his jutsu is that he "controls the sand INSIDE THE GOURD and hardens it with an enormous amount of chakra"

so please stop arguing about dirt and sand, that doesnt matter because gaara can only control his own sand.

its the same theory with shika. people said he would be unbeatable at night. at night, shadows are everywhere, but do not forget, the more shadows he has to connect to, the more area he has to cover with his shadows, the more chakra he has to use up. and seeing that even with normal fighting he already gets fatigued very easily, it would be far worst at night, however, he would be slightly at an advantage. =D

gaara controlled the sand that was in shika's timer thingy in the hospital...so he CANT be limited to just the sand in his gourd

i was joking about the 53.34 ft comment....i feel kinda bad now though that people actually believed me and i hadnt corrected that in almost 2 weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Limit of Desert Coffin

Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
    Just wondering about Gaara's sand moves, can he only control the sand in his gourd or can he actually manipulate sand around him? During the forest of death fight, you see him control sand already on the ground to kill the mist genins, but in the chuunin finals, where the entire arena is covered in sand, gaara could only control the sand in his gourd. If he was able to control sand, it wouldn't matter how fast sasuke is, because the entire battlefield is sand. Just wondering. What is the range limit of Gaara's sand attacks?
    it's simple. during the chuunin exam he did control sand that was already on the ground, but it was tenchically from his gourd. remember when the rain ninja sent all the needles down and the sand came out of his gourd and shielded him? it then fell to the ground. thus, it was on the ground when he attacked the rain ninja. I don't think he can control any sand but his own. the end.

Limit of Desert Coffin

need i remind you the sand in shika's timer? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

besides, if he can only use the sand in his gourd.....then he'd be screwed.....just consider all the times where he probably left at least a little bit behind (like when sasuke was pursuing him, he saw a trail of sand)
    eventually he'd run out

and if you've seen gaara's final form.....i dont think he'd have even 1/100th of the sand it must take to form that.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07