Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sigX -- Round 3

RE: sigX -- Round 3

Sorry guys. I just got home. Phew, what a night. Ok, well as promised here is the poll: http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/?p=round_3
    Some nice sigs, this is going to be a tough decision. If anyone wants to post a link in other parts of this forum, or even other forums to aid with voting, then go ahead.

sigX -- Round 3

Hmm only naruto sigs? I thought they would be a little more open minded. hmm wasen't it supposed to be from any anime in battle #3rd ?

This round was open character. Next round is Completely Open to any anime ro game.

damn some nice sigs there i voted for Albino his was so sweet gj dude and gj to the rest of u to nice sigs there.. hey LCD how may ppl advance to the next round after this one?

Lasaire's is kickass.. dont see why r3n is in second...

yah! the race begins....wow Albino, yours is ruthless, I love it....I think I'll vote for you instea dof my own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

lucky....

2 people advance from this round, for a final battle!

I was thinking, all these sigs are nice, but what if we threw in a twist for the final....wallpaper!
    What do you guys think, should the finals be a wallpaper challenge of any anime/game?

Ooh, wallpaper sounds cool, though it's on a different level than sigs are...the very narrow, horizontal format of sigs presents alot of compositional challenges, the more difficult challenge with wallpapers is the use of a much larger canvas.

I dunno, maybe do a matching theme? Matching sig, avatar, and wallpaper?

If we're doing wallpapers, I think a full week for the entry work time is in order.

I like the idea of having matching theme, of sig, avatar, and wallpaper.
    Of course more time would be given for this.
    Any others like this idea?

matching idea sounds good to me, sigs in round 3 are nice by the way.

i like the idea, it would also give the voters a little more to judge from. If i make it past you can count my vote towards that idea.

a few clarifications we would have to make though

would it be open to any anime?

(i think yes, since that was the plan anyway and as much naruto as we have done it would be good for a change, if we make it open we might wanna make at least a non-naruto stipulation to get some fresh stuff)

ava and wallpaper desired dimensions(we already have a standard set for sigs)?

(hows 64x64 for ava 1024x768 for wall?)

good idea though wallpapers are fun and useful for the masses after the competition[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't watch many anime series...in fact, I don't watch any besides naruto! Making a "non-naruto" stipulation wouldn't be cool for me (assuming I go to the next round, which i hope!!) If Icould do something from a video game, then maybe...

lucky....

sigX -- Round 3

yeh i think if we go open games will definitely be an option. i just fear that if we go open anime for the next round that anybody that does naruto will get votes because this is a naruto heavy site and not because their work is superior.

Anybody else think this limiter is a good idea or bad? Im not exactly decided on the issue, just wondering what the opinion out there is?

sigX -- Round 3

I thought that Lasaire's would be the best this time, I've always voted for him, but you picked the wrong character, Temari sucks...

Missing Nin

sigX -- Round 3

yeah a full set is a good idea. id like to see what ppl come up with and if its the same standard as these other guys have had during this competition it may even use it as my wallie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

and btw albinofury, ur sig rocks! once again ur gunna get top votes lol

Those are really amazing guys! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You can't imagine the things I'm going through trying to choose one.

Well, I think limiting it to non-Naruto is a good idea, since itachi_ just proved that peoples opinion on the characters themselves influences their votes, sometimes moreso than actual artistic skill.

Don't worry, Kagari, I'll point you in the right direction for source material if we go that route. I've got a couple of ideas for what I would do, that's assuming that I catch up in the votes all of a sudden. Dunno why everybody's not liking mine this round.

Ok, well we all seem to like the idea. So let me lay down some guidelines, and if you dissagree, then we flex them.

For the finals, a collection of 3 images must be made.
    A sig: 500x150 (max)
    An avatar: 64x64 (exactly)
    A wallpaper: 1024x768 (exactly)
    They must all be related to the same theme, and any anime other than Naruto can be chosen, or any game.

The only thing I was a bit shaky on was the wallpaper size, should it be 1024x768 or 1280x960 or even 1600x1200. While most people use 1024, by making it bigger the quality stays the same if you shrink the image from 1600 to 1024, but it loses quality if you expand it from 1024 to 1600. But 1600 is a lot of work, so I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

I personally use 1280*1024 and I think that it's pretty common...

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: itachi_
    I personally use 1280*1024 and I think that it's pretty common...
    i say 1600x1200 even tho i use 1280x1024, jst cos nobody really uses above 1600x1200, so can be downsized to any res without loss of quality. altho for competition viewing purposes i think the 1024x768 version should be posted. that way its easier to view without having gayass Internet explorer resized it to fit and then losing all quality. or it being to big to view on the screen for lower res users.

then having a link to a download of the full set, with the 1600x1200 version [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]