Thread: Not a computer person...

Hey Guys. Well, I apologize in advance if this sounds dumb! So um, I just dowloaded the latest version of BT and I'm a first time user...my question is, now what the heck am I supposed to do?!*l*
    The site itself didn't seem very helpful as far as what I need to do to set it up and whatnot, so I'm hoping you guys can help me get started! I'm tired of taking a week to download stuff and I'm dying to see the latest Naruto episode!

Thanks!
    Elara

#1 Download a .torrent file (contains "instructions" for BitTorrent how to download that particular file).
    #2 You should automatically get a pop-up asking for a location where BitTorrent should save the files - choose someplace with enough space.
    #3 Wait and wait and wait for your file to download.

Sarf
    ---
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

which client do you have? the original program, or one of the spinoffs?

the second dude gave you proper intstructions, and it shouldnt matter anyway even if you dont have the plain old BT client.

BTW:whats with ppl always doing their name at the end, I forget who the original was but it just seems like copying.

^pointless^

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Hey guys! Well I went and downloaded the Shadow one and all's well so far! Now I just have to learn how to route it through my firewall? Any tips?
    Thanks a bunch for all your replies though!

firewall? or router.
    you need to find the port number, thats what i do. but i usually dont have to. did u try downloading a file to see if it works? it took my friend 5 minutes to connect on his first try, i had no idea why. patience might be the key again.