Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kawarimi no jutsu

The theory of running out and placing something else quick back in the same position sound a bit stupid. Cause i rather run super fast away than place another object there.

My theory is that kawarimi is a high level ninjitsu that uses chakura to place an object to the person's position an at the same time the person is "teleported" to a position he likes. It also involves an illusion on the attacker making him "see" the object as the person. However kawarimi cannot be perfromed if the person is held down by something. (e.g. dog biting down, a sword struck on the person and still held by the attacker) I does not involve hand seals cause it is stupid if the attacker is attacking you and sees you performing the "kawarimi handseals", cause he would know that he use using that jitsu and would'nt attack.

i would consider it as more of a genjutsu than a ninjutsu though, since its intended to decieve the enemy

Mr. Hamster: actually when this topic opened, episode 70 wasn't released. But you still shouldnt talk about it yet anyway, as it hasnt been 24 hrs since the AA version came out
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

well if someone gets attacked they can only use Kawarimi.

They explained it earlier when naruto and them battled kakashi. He just quickly replaces him wiht a different object. I think Kawarimi is one of those things that dont need handseals.

Don't think too much into not everything have to make sense if you're that obsess with things making sense might as well go find the meaning of life or something.

if it doesnt need handseals, then y did sakura use hand seals to perform it....

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pavi @ Feb 14 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if it doesnt need handseals, then y did sakura use hand seals to perform it.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yep, i was just about to say the same thing.......zaku noticed her doing hand seals to replace herself with logs
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Hi, I&#39;m new. =p

Maybe the reason Sakura was doing the handseals in the battle was because she wanted to psyche out the Sound Nin. Remember how she did the hand seal and didn&#39;t actually do the replacement technique at the end? Her plan all along may have been to show the hand seals on purpose so that she could get close to the Sound Nin, and...er...bite him.

And about them not showing the handseals for some moves, yes, it gives away the move, yes, the animators are lazy, and maybe hand seals are only performed to focus the chakra so that doing the jutsu is easier. That way if you&#39;re good enough, you can focus enough chakra to do the move without performing the hand seals.

That&#39;s just whay I think. =p

I wouldnt pay too much attention to those details.

on a side note.. hand seals don&#39;t really &quot;give away&quot; anything, there are 12 hand seals for each animal and you use them in whatever order to trigger chakra.. the actual technique is really within your chakra control and stuff

on the other hand, I think summon techniques rely greatly on seals since that&#39;s how naruto learned the frog thingy mo bopper

Hand seals help you mold and control chakra, As u need Hand seals for some Jutsus..