Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got horror?

Ok, thing is i've just started a horror streak, and i wanna get shit scared. Anyone hav any reccommendations as far as movies and/or games goes? Other methods are fine.
    I'm only looking for the freakiest crap, ones that'll keep me awake at night. Seriously now, i aint referring to stuff like 'girl versions of George Bush' or 'man Faye' or anything else along those lines; though it is sumthing to squint at...
    I'd prefer sumthing with a mentally disturbing theme rather than the more blood n' gore theme... but both would b great.
    I havnt got much of a list of things Ive already seen (as far as i can remember), but hopefully it'll help give the general idea as of where im at.

Movies:

- Scream, I Know What U Did Last Summer, etc etc (teen horrors)
    :: All crap. Never had me.

- Evil Dead
    :: good movie, i liked it. Had me a couple times.

- The Exorcist
    :: meh... it was alright. Had me for like, 2 seconds.

- Blair Witch Project
    :: I enjoyed this one. Had me past the first half and after the movie was finished.

- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
    :: Great movie, this one almost cut the cake. Had me through the whole movie and after.

Games:

- Resident Evil series
    :: meh... not quite.

- Silent Hill series
    :: hmm... not quite.

- Fatal Frame
    :: It was pretty good, i liked it.

These are the only ones that are worth remembering off the top of my head. Anything that needs to b added to the list?

villin
    The only thing I could suggest would be the game Manhunt. Not what I'd call scary but has some sweet graphic violence and gore.

games:Alien vs. Predator
    only played AvP2 but it scared the shit out of me,
    but i heard that AvP1 was better

play as a marine.. and you hear that &quot;piiip piiip piip pipipipipip&quot; <span style='color:red'>SPLAT</span> your dead

well scary movies you want

The Eye is DAMN Creepy
    Stir of Echoes I thought was scary

Games:
    You know What i think of Fatal Frame 2........... AHHH SCARY

villin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS @ Feb 12 2004, 01:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> want scary? click here </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    scary not cleavage

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS @ Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> want scary? click here </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I think you meant to put you want SEXY

lol i was hoping u didnt actually mean sexy lol and yea the japanese ring movies are good to watch but the american one was sooo crappy. try getting all the japanese rings theres about 4 or 5 i forgot

Good GOD. I never should hav scrolled down...
    Anyhow, i&#39;ve heard the ring was scary as well. I was going to watch it in the cinema, but they only showed it late at night.
    I hate clowns too, god damn freaks. They used to give me nightmares as a kid.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Feb 12 2004, 05:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If you want scary movies you gotta watch Asian ones. Like Tales of Two Sisters. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Spose that&#39;s true. I remember seeing bits from one or two asain movies when i was just a kid, and it was hella freaky. Dunno what i would think about them now though, probly the same

&quot;Scary&quot; games.. Aliens vs Predator as said playing as a marine is the ultimate thing.. your almost always dead when you hear the predator purr for the first times every time you meet them .. And the pitchblack corridors when the movement detector blipps and the Aliens come..

Clive Barker&#39;s Undying. Well maby not a total horror flick but the first lvl in the Mansion has some moments.

Movies is alot harder.. Depends on what type you are if you get scared or not .

I&#39;ve heard &quot;The Ring&quot; is pretty damned scary..... I believe there&#39;s a Jap version and a seperate American version....

A few people I know have been totally freaked out, but dunno if it works on everyone, I haven&#39;t seen it myself.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS @ Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> want scary? click here </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    did any one notice the last picture on that site......

I have never seen RingU (jap) which is said to be just scary. And I thought the Ring was good. But for some reason it affects women more then men. Men think its cool and women cant sleep afterwards.

ringu is to me atleast alot better than the hollywood version.. the psycic wierdness girl works alot better than damn horses I&#39;ve been thinking of a movie that is scary but cant come up with anything good, scary is different than disgusting and so on. Have a hard time coming up with a movie that would work.. Hellraiser the first one&#39;s maby, freddy movies, there are some asian horror films that are really good but cant remember any or the names but they are there

Pet Cemetary scared the crap out of me when i was a kid

oooo now Stephen Kings IT.. that might work.. or atleast it&#39;s the same as KakashiSensei&#39;s pet cemetary it scared me shitless as a kid I HATE CLOWNS

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RockingRocklee @ Feb 12 2004, 04:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS &#064; Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> want scary? click here </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    did any one notice the last picture on that site...... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yea i did got scared like hell that was some freaky shit even worse than man-faye and girly bush... that pic should get burned.... helll burn the shemale instead cant handle that sort of stuff

OMFG, I never even thought to scroll down. When I click links it opens a browser and isn&#39;t maximized. I TAKE BACK MY SEXY COMMENT. SCARY AS HELL.

I&#39;d still do him.. If you want scary movies you gotta watch Asian ones. Like Tales of Two Sisters.