Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats with that pen?

That moment when that young girl (koebi, or something like that was her name) broke her pen in the school: Why was that so mysterious for konohamaru? He looked like he saw a ghost and i know he had been told that rainbows symbols snakes but it doesnt have nothing to do with the pen. please tell me....

its just called

foreshadowing and artistic styles...

if somethings bad is gonna happen, they can forshadow it in small things, like her pencil breaking.

Yeh, what he said. It's portrayed in other animes as well

it was a bad omen... its used alot in japan i guess... i think if anything breaks in an unusual way or when you talk about something it is concidered a bad omen, im not sure tho...

villin
    It was a pointless and annoying part of the episode at best so why bother talking about it.

Her pencil has the ability to detect when enemies are attacking the village, and it tries to alert her by breaking.

Kinda broke funny. I've never seen a pencil split in half like that.

It probably does foreshadowing something bad to come, or else they wouldn't have spent so much time on it. Lets wait and see what happens in episode 70.

i dont see what konohamaru could do anyway, even if he knew exactly what was going on.

It's like when people sneeze and they say "Somebody must have said my name" or the handle of someones cup snaps off. Common lore
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Oh, the color of the pencil was orange right? You know how the current genins all have their own color theme to them (Naruto: orange, Sasuke: blue, Rock Lee: green, Sakura: pink, Ino: purple), maybe the rainbow represents all the genins and the broken pencil represents something bad that will happen to Naruto.

it was a Red pen. Red=blood. the pen has broke=blood will spill.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Destiny @ Feb 10 2004, 04:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i dont see what konohamaru could do anyway, even if he knew exactly what was going on. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Konohamaru couldn&#39;t do anything and the pen knew that. The smart pen wasn&#39;t trying to alert Konohamaru the pen was trying to alert the great Sennin Udon&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

its 2 waste time.

foreshadow &gt;_&gt;

its foreshadowing of the war

thats it

Yeah but it didn&#39;t have to take that bloody long for everyone to realise what the hell was going on if it is common lore.... as if Udon and Konohamru are going to go out and bust up Orochimaru or someting

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Feb 10 2004, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah but it didn&#39;t have to take that bloody long for everyone to realise what the hell was going on if it is common lore.... as if Udon and Konohamru are going to go out and bust up Orochimaru or someting </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Konohamaru is useless but Udon can beat the crap out of Orochimaru whenever he wants.

because well all know udon is actually the chosen 5th hokage.

its not a pen, its a colored pensil