Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 69 discussion.

Well... i thought it was a decent episode... seemed real short, but i loved seeing the fights.

AWESOME. The coolest power up in the series so far in Oro and Sarutobi-sensei's meeting.

Lots of big fights starting or about to start. Great stuff...and Shino...hell yea, can't wait to see what he does!

all i have to say is HOKAGE VS HOKAGE

this is gonna own so hard!!

V Edit V : sorry, guess i was too excited

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Feb 8 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> all i have to say is HOKEGE VS HOKAGE

this is gonna own so hard&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    is that error in spelling purposeful?

i have yet to watch the episode. but i have heard good things. ill watch it later around midnight.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    That eps. was pretty good. Not too much action but good nonetheless.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

I liked the episode.. not extreem actione but Oro Hokage was nice.. Orochimaru is cool, and hokage in black fighting suite was cool. Loved the playing arround with jutsus to just test eachoter out. And summoning the previous Hokages was great. I wonder if the summoned kage&#39;s have the same strength they had when they where alive, in that case the old fart could have some trouble ..

And the doggey Pakkun or whats his name is. He&#39;s Soooft, and do evil things to Shikamaru .

quick question: did the episode follow the manga pretty closely or did they extend on it.

just a yes or no answer would be fine. i dont want to have any manga spoiling.

thanks

Shino is definitively up to something. It&#39;s been 2 episodes in a row that he&#39;s been shown spying for a few seconds. I wonder what though. I guess we&#39;ll find out soon enough.

Whatever it is Shino is up to....oh, it&#39;s gonna be badass. I was upset when Kankuro resigned, I really wanted to see shino fight again

lucky....

hehe pretty good ep I love the fact that shik was just faking. ALso I&#39;m starting to think shino far more then meets the eyes. PLus that scene when Gai saves Naruto rocked.

its not as intense as reading the manga, its missing something, i can&#39;t put my finger on it
    but its good enough, i just HATED THE FILLER CRAP WITH KONOHAMARU.

totally useless.

it was pretty cool episode, although i admit it felt very very short...

there were some pretty cool scenes though, like when Gai saved Naruto and blasted him through that concrete wall&#33; that was awesome&#33;&#33; It kinda stunned me there&#33;

and when the third hokage was using those earth and fire jutsu combined, you could really feel there was a clear difference between a jounin and a hokage... and the creativity level of a hokage is SooOOo much higher than a normal ninja ( well a jounin)... i mean stuff like shruiken kage bunshin no jutsu is some pretty neat stuff&#33;..

well anywayz can&#39;t wait for the next one&#33;

another change i noticed (i&#39;m rereading the manga) is that the angle that gai punches the sound nin through the wall is different. it looks cooler in the manga.

i know its nitpicking but you asked what was changed

edit: the dog doesn&#39;t drag shikamaru in the manga

edit 2: the stuff with the mud dragon wasn&#39;t in the manga but filler stuff like that I LIKE &#33;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (makkura &#064; Feb 8 2004, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> edit 2: the stuff with the mud dragon wasn&#39;t in the manga but filler stuff like that I LIKE &#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    i saw that and i freakin was amazed. that is sometimes really good about naruto anime, they add things to the fights, i don think they have ever taken anything away. sometimes they do messs thigns up by bad drawing but the anime is still real great and holds true to the manga.

edit: the gai punch did look amazing in the manga. i think it looked more kickass in the manga b/c it looked more dramatic then the anime made it seem.

but what can u do, there isnt a way to change it so we have to live with it.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>its not as intense as reading the manga, its missing something, i can&#39;t put my finger on it
    but its good enough, i just HATED THE FILLER CRAP WITH KONOHAMARU.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Now don&#39;t say that, this is showing how much Kohonamaru really cares for his grandfather and also that the leafs are trying to protect thier own at the same time.

One thing I don&#39;t get is the whole puri purii thing (so soft yet firm). Is there some reason why the dog says this?

OK OK but you have to admit that the stuff with broken pencil was pushing it TOO FAR, i liked it near the end when he was taking a stroll with him, that was kinda cool(and foreshadowing).

It was cool, but I think it is doing a lot of setting up, I mean the hokage fight, and of course sasuke vs. gaara, we can&#39;t forget that one.

haha, the dog is so stupid...ITS SO SOFT...wth was that anyways.

and when Shino just teleported like that, I was saying to myself &quot;OMG, awesome&quot;

lucky 69, i wonder whos gonna win, the hokage&#39;s, or orochimaru?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Feb 9 2004, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> lucky 69, i wonder whos gonna win, the hokage&#39;s, or orochimaru? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    My bet is on Sarutobi&#33;&#33;&#33;