Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza

Well, basically im bringing this to your attention as personaly i cant get full speed on my ADSL and only got 25k instead of the 70 odd that i can handle

i now have RADSL and can download at 130 KBps, but not with bit Torrent
    so my friend told me about this program, its a bit like winmx and kazza and allows u to get full speed on torrents,
    i sugest maybe giving it a try and anbu may wanna take a look into it to,
    i no constantly have all the anbu naruto's for upload aswell as some other anime's.

give it a try
    Shareaza

I'll still love Bittorent, I'll aint gonna change my mind for a while.

if it works like kazaa and winmx ill just stick with bittorrent
    cant handle p2p programs even if it is fast i dont need to rush a torrent.... the veiwing pleasure is higher if it took 1 - 1½ hour to download it than if it took 30 min

I takes about 5 minutes for me to download a episode...

Wow, it's super fast. but is there anyway to block sharing?

well i get full speed with it, and loads of probs with bit torrent
    if you use that, just click on ur bit torrent link and it will download it,
    then retreve from the file

it took me 4 weeks to download Oniage(sp?) twins cause i couldnt get full speed

4 weeks? Stop lie, There isnt any download stuff that takes 4weeks to dl.
    You're booted out of your house if you have the computer on for 4weeks.
    So stop lie!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of files that take that long if you have a bad connection. BTW my computer has been on straight for nearly 5 months now.

well seeing as how most peer to peer programs are dying out i give this one limited time before the riaa starts attacking this one

i have had no problems using bittorrent i get speeds of any where 250 kbs to 500 kbs with cable

so an episode is done in no time

shareaza they could of come up with a more original name but if it works go for it

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage @ Feb 8 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;ll still love Bittorent, I&#39;ll aint gonna change my mind for a while. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    BTW you can use shareaza to run torrent files, and you don&#39;t have to share at all to get high download speeds. I&#39;m getting 600 kbs with only 1kb of upload, which kills the whole purpose of bt.

on mIRC i can download at about 225 kb/s max...i can finish eps in about 20 min or so...no need for that kind of program...but thanks for suggesting something new anyway

how do u not share files

lmao. I&#39;ve been talking about this program since i first came here, i even have the link and the Shareaza security file for blocking the RIAA and stuff in my Signature (Guess nobody has Sigs turned on eh?).

No, Shareaza is better than both Kazaa and WinMX, because it dosn&#39;t depend on just one network. It utilises lots of networks at the same time:

Gnutella1
    Gnutella2
    Edonkey2k
    BitTorrent

Those are the networks it uses. I wouldn&#39;t advice stopping or decreasing your sharing by too much, because it utilises your upload bandwidth to help increase the rate of your download. Sure, stick a max cap on so you don&#39;t end up with so little bandwidth that you can&#39;t search or download properly, but don&#39;t cap it too much so you end up penalising yourself either.

The security file blocks fake servers, FBI servers, RIAA computers, etc etc. Very useful, is in my sig. But due to Geocities anti-leeching system, you will have to copy and paste the link into the address bar of a new window to get the file. It&#39;s hosted on my web add, because the file is getting hard to find now a days =P

Oh and btw, i would disable the Edonkey2k network for most of the time. It&#39;s too popular and too junked up. Useful for finding rare files, but you can sometimes get Qued for Ques as long as over 3,000 people. So it can take ages, and it&#39;s tying up a large amount of bandwidth whilst you&#39;re using it.

I was just wondering... can Shareaza connect to the bittorrent network using HTTP proxy? coz if it can, then i can bypass the firewall installed in my dorm and i could just maybe use BitTorrent...... well i&#39;m not too much into this networking and stuff, but at least i managed to forward the bittorrent ports 6881 to 6889 in my router to my computer so that bittorrent works at home

my download rate will shoot up to 95 kb/s and then i look at it 1 min later and its at 7 , sometimes going to 0 , what do you suggest , ok just now I was getting 60 and 40 for two one piece files, i look at it again , ones at 0 b/s another 13 kb/s , is it like bittorrent where i give it time?

Missing Nin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage @ Feb 8 2004, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 4 weeks? Stop lie, There isnt any download stuff that takes 4weeks to dl.
    You&#39;re booted out of your house if you have the computer on for 4weeks.
    So stop lie&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    took me over 2 weeks to download hunterxhunter (thru BT), and im on cable 512k

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kage_bunshin &#064; Feb 9 2004, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I was just wondering... can Shareaza connect to the bittorrent network using HTTP proxy? coz if it can, then i can bypass the firewall installed in my dorm and i could just maybe use BitTorrent...... well i&#39;m not too much into this networking and stuff, but at least i managed to forward the bittorrent ports 6881 to 6889 in my router to my computer so that bittorrent works at home </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Hm... you can specify the port you&#39;re using, and even the inbound and outbound address. So i presume you can set it to your HTTP Port address, to download with. This means if you can surf the web, you can download through the network as long as you specify the HTTP Port.

(I think the HTTP Port is 80 isn&#39;t it?)

oh and btw. I forgot to say how long my PCs been running =P
    1 year. mwhahaha.... I empty the filters on the fans now and then whilst it&#39;s running. Jeez do i love dust filters. They catch so much crap it&#39;s unbelievable

Edit:
    oh btw, because you can specify the inbound and outbound addresses, i presume you can even configure it for a proxy as you asked.

maybe its just me, but bittorent right now is slow for me... im trying to get naruto episodes... and its taking for ever... i guess no one is uploading... and thats kinda pissing me off... i might use this... if it gets to the point where nothing will download from bittorent... X_X

i get naruto at like 400k/s useing HTTP not BT, BT is blocked at my school so i have a work around,

there is a BT client called ABC that lets you specify ports, you can set it to port 80 the HTTP port and it might work, it worked here for a day but now it doesnt, im guessing a packet sniffer is killing my attempts, i dl at like 2k/s now useing it

at home on cable my line is 3.0/384 and Bt works but wont Dl any eps faster then 60k/s actually wont DL anything faster then that, but thats fine for me,

im downloading most episodes of naruto and ROD in an hour.... never more than 2houres&#33;

So I cant see the problem&#33;&#33;

Allways have a lot of anime series going so you have something to watch when you are downloading