Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manga in the works *updated*

*updated version of kamii, see further down the page*

OK well I've got a manga in the works and I just thought I would post a little concept art here to get some feedback.

This is a project shared between 2 peeps.

This guy coming up is known as "Kamii". I cant give away any story but lets just say he is he is the "im too cool for school" bad guy.

Here is the original drawing done by Sean.

It was obvious we needed to tone down the hair a bit, so I sent him back to the drawing board. Kamii also looks too similar to dbz for my tastes, but none of the other charecters he has done so far look the same.

Over the weekend I thought I would practise scanning and colouring in the line art.

Here is the image scanned and cleaned up slightlly by me *note I didnt put too much effort into this as I knew I would have a new picture on Monday to replace this one*

Finally following a tutorial I did my first colouring effort on lineart.

It kind of looks like he has a plant on his head Next version I might make him blonde.

So yeah that was my first effort, thoughts? As I said, on Monday I will have a new version of Kamii which will have simplified hair and less of a dbz look. If anyone is interested I will upload images Monday night/tuesday.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    Concept art looks good. Wish you luck with your project.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

yeah its cool.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Missing Nin
    looks good, good luck!

Thanks.

Tomorrow I will be uploading a new version of Kamii, and he will most likelly have blonde hair.

Also here is a very rough sketch of the nerdy protagonist guy.

new kamii!

(note, this was scanned from a photocopy so it doesnt look so clean)

Colour version will be done in a hour.

I must say the new Kamii looks soo cool.

Will you put your manga in here so we can read when you are finished?

Yeah the manga will be available for all to download on the internet.

also here is a updated pic of Akushu (still rough)

Heres a colour version in progress. Biggest thing im still working on is lighting on face.

doesnt it look a little like turk from DBZ? or mabye its just my eys playing tricks with me... damn im tired im of to bed..cya in tha morning
    (i think his name was turk...the guy from the future)

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    nice 1 Santah. The colored, simplified hair looks cool.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

dude this is great.. like the linart .. good job I love creating an Original Characters ..

Good Luck!

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>doesnt it look a little like turk from DBZ? or mabye its just my eys playing tricks with me... damn im tired im of to bed..cya in tha morning
    (i think his name was turk...the guy from the future)</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

whos TURK?? ...i only know a guy name trunks from dbz...u know vegeta&#39;s son

turks are the ones living in turkey... the country next to iraq but nice pics, i would do a bunch of original characters if i had any talent actually thought of some naruto characters..

nice work tho i would love to read your manga when its finished btw are you inspired by dbz?

All of those character designs are pretty solid.

Show us the token old pervert

i think the forehead of Kamii is way too large and the hair&#39;s right (the paper&#39;s right side, our left side) bananna is too big, but other than that, it looks pretty good.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ricefarmer &#064; Feb 14 2004, 04:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> actually i can do a shit load better, im a graphics designer idiot </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Sorry, but being supposively a &quot;graphic designer&quot; is irrelevant when comparing drawing skills. If you don&#39;t like it, keep to yourself, he&#39;s not hurting anyone.

Santah, keep up the good work, the only way to get better is to draw more The anatomy is a little off for Rikaa, however. The elbow should be about even with the waist.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ricefarmer @ Feb 14 2004, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> actually i can do a shit load better, im a graphics designer idiot </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    hmm i think you should shut up.... dont post if you dont like it.. or give critisism in a good and nice way.

Here is &quot;Rikaa&quot;. He is Akushu&#39;s best friend.

I have finished writing out all the major charecters that will feature in the manga, there are 9 in total (5 male, 3 female, 1 that is neither )

The first chapter has also been written with all the dialogue planned, I will be drawing out a roughh version of it over the weekend to decide on the lay out of the panels etc.