Thread: OVA?

Hi, im new to this forum and the world of anime!

I have question! What is OVA ?

What is the difference on ROD the tv OVA and ROD the tv ?

Thank you

villin
    An OVA is a special that may or may not follow the timeline of the anime. Or you could have a series based off of an OVA(s). Well that is about as clear as mud.

Thanks, I think i undertood that Also OVA may be a Prelouge or a Epilougie?

I like to think of it as a mini-series(based off a larger series or whatever) with a huge budget.

villin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zaknafein @ Feb 5 2004, 05:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Thanks, I think i undertood that Also OVA may be a Prelouge or a Epilougie? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yes. The Kenshin OVAs are a perfect example of that.

Thanks then i have some more downloading to do

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    a bit late i guess
    OAV=Orginal Animated Video &#092; more or less the same just different wording
    OVA=Orginal Video Animation /

anyways ova means that video went straight to video in Japan.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What is the difference on ROD the tv OVA and ROD the tv ?
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Well Ova&#39;s in general don&#39;t have anything to do with the main storyline. Sometimes they don&#39;t fit in with a particular time frame hence the term &quot;original&quot; ie the DBZ movies are ovas and don&#39;t have anything to do with the regular sagas. In this case, I&#39;ve seen the ROD ova and from what i heard there are differences in the series, characterwise as such. I think the original character does make an appearance but i can&#39;t say for sure as i haven&#39;t seen any of the rod series.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

My favorite OAV Series is Gundam 0083. It is a great little series that anyone can watch without even having any Gundam knowledge. Some good characters in there too. It doesn&#39;t fit at all into the UC continuity really, but its a good series.