Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the anime cheating us in violence?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha&#045;Itachi &#064; Feb 5 2004, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>trust me on this one for a change R-Rated is not good for the profits..</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yea but still...WE NEED SOME <span style='color:red'>BLOOD</span>
    damn all the &quot;Rateings&quot; dont like it

but that could just be my upbringing
    i could pretty much watch everything i wanted

I mean it wouldnt hurt if they add a little blood. I just watched 68 and I couldnt tell which guys were getting killed or which guys were just getting smacked around. Dont tell us that there is no difference, there is a huge difference. Also, adding a little blood is not gonna change the pr-rating from pg to R.

or how about this... when someone gets killed, they can become transparent with a little halo over their head and go floating up into the sky. isn&#39;t that how they did it in the saturday morning videos?

BAH&#33;&#33;

and yes... kakashi is SO SO SO cool in the manga.

my only problem is that the anime makes it look like Raido bit the dust, when in the Manga that wasnt actually him......0__o, that sort of thing pisses me off at times . but all in all a good episode but a bit of blood is quite needed.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L8r @ Feb 5 2004, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha&#045;Itachi &#064; Feb 5 2004, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>trust me on this one for a change R-Rated is not good for the profits..</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yea but still...WE NEED SOME <span style='color:red'>BLOOD</span>
    damn all the &quot;Rateings&quot; dont like it

but that could just be my upbringing
    i could pretty much watch everything i wanted </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    YEA MAN&#33;&#33; WE NEED BLOOD DUDE&#33;&#33;

yeah we really need some more blood in the anime. but i guess we cant do anything about that...

hmmm...you know, i didnt even think about this at first...but while i was watching, i knew SOMETHING was missing...and i guess you&#39;re right..it IS the blood. how interesting...even the the scene where raidou gets hit by the 4 or so kunai...he&#39;s not bleeding...theres no ... war action without blood..

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS @ Feb 5 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hmmm...you know, i didnt even think about this at first...but while i was watching, i knew SOMETHING was missing...and i guess you&#39;re right..it IS the blood. how interesting...even the the scene where raidou gets hit by the 4 or so kunai...he&#39;s not bleeding...theres no ... war action without blood.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    YEA man&#33;&#33; totally agree, whats a war w/o blood?&#33; its a war man&#33;&#33; although it doesnt look like one with so little ninjas fighting.

Maybe the blood factor has gone down as naruto may be license in america. Think about it, pokemon was a &quot;cool&quot; show until it was license in america. Obvivously american&#39;s can&#39;t stand blood. Hopefully this is all not true and naruto WILL NEVER be licensed.

Blood would be nice, BUT

As long as the plot/story is good I am there man&#33;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>damn all the &quot;Rateings&quot; dont like it </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Those Ratings are what&#39;s keeping the show on the air. They&#39;ve already had to outsource some of their animation to Korea... do you want them to do that more?

This is a 7:30pm Wednesday timeslotted program. You can&#39;t put what would be Adult Swim equivalent stuff in that sort of a primetime location.

Nara Animation is not getting enough money to do all of the show (or they&#39;re understaffed, which could be related to the former).

I am a nitpicker I gues... I don&#39;t know. but Ep 68 didn&#39;t have quite the impact that the scenes in the manga did. It was because of one missing element... and this element is... BLOOD&#33; please compair these following images:

sorry but I just like the blood...

They just look like they&#39;ve actually been fighting, and gai looks more badass

This is what people killing anemies should be lookin&#39; like

ok I might just be a freak but I like the blood... (please ignore what he&#39;s saying in the last panel, I just changed his wording in case it spoiled the anime a tad. it&#39;s when he&#39;s still talking to sakura though ^^)

My opinion is this: Episode 68 was good, but if they had added in minor details like this, it could have been even better. I was hoping that it would be dreary out like it was going to rain soon, but the episode was all bright and sunny. A lot different thatn I expected. I hope 69 is good XD

YEA MAN&#33;&#33; WE NEED THE BLOOD&#33;&#33;&#33; BLOOD BABY&#33;&#33; I think it is cheating us to 0_o

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    i guess were getting cheated but i think they do so because of the issue invovling the timeslot of the show and the audience...kids who watch the show. personally i don&#39;t mind the blood being taken out but it would be nice if it were a bit more hardboiled during some scenes. then again, the crew that works on the manga is different from the ones who work on the anime (so i&#39;ve heard)

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Feb 5 2004, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> YEA MAN&#33;&#33; WE NEED THE BLOOD&#33;&#33;&#33; BLOOD BABY&#33;&#33; I think it is cheating us to 0_o </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    same here-----_____-------

What... is this warm thing

Blood My Blood&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Seriously we need blood, it&#39;s ugly without

yeah seriously. i dousn&#39;t even look like a war in the anime. so lame...

lol we&#39;ve got a blood-shortage .
    But yeah the anime is cheating on us, you can name more things like that.
    I mean Kakashis Chidori should&#39;ve went straight through Haku like in the manga.
    Oh well, I don&#39;t really care about blood, but I think they just should&#39;ve sticked to the goreness of the manga.

Perhaps the japanese anime makers are becoming soft

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

maybe Naruto is on tv too early for showing blood and shurikens in heads and so on...