Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the anime cheating us in violence?

Too much blood in the anime will decrease the audiance watching it, thus lowering the profits since it's getting the R-rated tag..

It's just the time slot ... animemaster already pointed that out. Plus Naruto anime entertain a lot of kids (you know ... brat around 10ish years old) and their parents would just freak if there are "too much" blood. Remember Gseed when it was just implied that Kira had sex the parents had a lot of complains then ... oh well there's always the manga ...

bao
    someone tell me that we have lot of problem in japanese
    naruto and lot of manga like shonen jump have been censured
    if they show violence they will be censured and naruto , for example, wont be in tv
    (i am sorry because i'm not good in english)

none of these arguments make sense to me yet. because they already showed ample amount of blood in the Haku part of the series, they should have no problem adding blood. all they pretty much had to to was add some red paint to the cels... timeslot is what time the show plays during the day? Well unless they changed what time of day it plays, then why didn't they edit the Haku scenes?

I suppose a combination of laziness and censorship is probably the best excuse ... it's true that there was more blood for Haku, but Haku's death was a really major event in the episode—it needed the drama. Kakashi and Gai are just fighting nameless Sound people, so they don't ... deserve? blood or something. If there was gore splooshing around all episode long it might seem a little questionable. But I agree, the lack of blood does take away the seriousness of the WAR.

(personally, I don't pay attention to details anyway ^ˆ^;; I'd never have noticed the differences if they weren't pointed out like this)

So you're saying that if it's a important part of the episode then it will come blood?

I thought that every human could bleed?

No one said anime had to be completely realistic at all times .... ^ˆ^;;

I have a question regarding the violence in Shonen Jump monthly, and their graphic novels...

does anyone know if the Shonen Jump mags and the novels are censoring the violence in their canadian/american issues? I'd hate to think I'm getting gipped there too....I know that the haku fight (which just ended in shonen jump here) had quite a bit of blood...

lucky....

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 5 2004, 01:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> So you&#39;re saying that if it&#39;s a important part of the episode then it will come blood?

I thought that every human could bleed? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Hmm.. what about Hayates body, and zaku&#39;s arms (when they go &quot;wooosh-pop-SCHBLURth&quot;..
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

I don&#39;t think the shonen jump manga has been edited, but it has been translated stupidly (art of the dopplegaganger? Ninja Centerfold? gimme a break... )

Zaku&#39;s arm pops off in the manga. AHHH so much cool stuuf they changed in the anime. poo

like i said otherwise it will get R-rated and the profits will drop down dramastically...

Missing Nin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RockLeeisHOT @ Feb 5 2004, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> none of these arguments make sense to me yet. because they already showed ample amount of blood in the Haku part of the series, they should have no problem adding blood. all they pretty much had to to was add some red paint to the cels... timeslot is what time the show plays during the day? Well unless they changed what time of day it plays, then why didn&#39;t they edit the Haku scenes? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    for all of you pointing out there was more blood when Haku was fighting and what not let me point out that AFTER those episodes they changed the time slot remember our lovely documentary and the whole moving to the golden time thing.

Yes the Anime is slightly less bloody but at the same time it doesn&#39;t hurt it much. All Anime is less bloody then the manga if you don&#39;t believe me even look at berserk where there is TONS of blood the manga is WAY bloodier.

they used up all the blood at the beginning of the series and are now running on red paint.

Blood Shortage. IF you seen Bruce almighty, konoha and the other villages took their ninja&#39;s blood and stored them only to tell you that they ran out

i totally agree with the people because we do need blood, people are supposed to bleed, ITS A DAMN WAR FOR GOODNESS SAKE&#33;&#33; CMON ALREADY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; JAPANESE ARE HI-TECH BUT VERY LAZY?&#33;

without blood I don&#39;t have a feeling that anyone dies... it looks like in some cheap movie where guy is stabbed by a sword and then just jumps and lay on the floor without blood or anything indicating that something happend to him, it looks reaaaally F***ING stupid if u ask me... same with anime i&#39;m afraid...

Wow there sure alot of blood thirsty people at Gotwoot

I actually wouldn&#39;t mind some more bloodshed, it would add to the atmosphere of having a war

I mean what kind of war has no blood?

P.S. lol don&#39;t try to answer that its supposed to be rhetorical

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RockLeeisHOT @ Feb 5 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t think the shonen jump manga has been edited, but it has been translated stupidly (art of the dopplegaganger? Ninja Centerfold? gimme a break... )

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    hahahaha Agree 100%&#33; When I read it, I just say &quot;Kage Bunshin No Jutsu&#33;&quot; REALLY loud to drown out the stupidity

lucky....

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha&#045;Itachi &#064; Feb 5 2004, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> like i said otherwise it will get R-rated and the profits will drop down dramastically... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    no that will just make more adults realize that it&#39;s not a &quot;kiddy show&quot; and they will check it out and the rating will stay the same or maybe even RISE since adults get paychecks

another example:

Ops&#33; the manga looks so different .. actually I dont read the manga.. @_@ but kakashi looks so damn cool in the manga..&#33;&#33; OMG&#33;&#33;&#33; they are cheating us&#33;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RockLeeisHOT @ Feb 5 2004, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha&#045;Itachi &#064; Feb 5 2004, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> like i said otherwise it will get R-rated and the profits will drop down dramastically... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    no that will just make more adults realize that it&#39;s not a &quot;kiddy show&quot; and they will check it out and the rating will stay the same or maybe even RISE since adults get paychecks

another example:

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    trust me on this one for a change R-Rated is not good for the profits..