Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

In Hajime no Ippo, after what episode should I watch Champion Road and Kimura vs. Machiba? Or do they come after the whole series?

They come after the whole series.

In reality, both fights take place the same night at the same Carnivale. At least that is what people who read the manga tell me.

Ippo is a great series so you should watch the whole thing. Infusion did them all, but then it got licensed right after that.

I plan on picking up the DVD's once they come out here. Its one of my favorite anime's.

Dont worry.. I plan on watching the whole series... I'm at episode 44 right now

Champion Road comes first. The only thing that changes between the two is the status of Ippo's relationship with Kumi.

They definetly aren't the same night in the anime.

I got them from mIRC in the infusion channel... but I dont think there are torrents anywhere

Missing Nin
    http://anime.mircx.com/download/eada92dc00...f00d8c989612e74

Thats a link to a torrent of all 76 episodes the Movie and the OAV all in one.

I've seen it all. It's awesome. I like it a lot, and can't wait to start reading the manga.

We've got the game, and although the graphics aren't high quality for a PS2, it's enjoyable. I wanna get the DVDs too when they come out.

you got the whole series!!! i accidently deleted it... is there some way i can get it have you a torrent uploaded on some site or something? when did you get it and how did you get it? i cant find it.....

Japan has a boxing history of its own. They drop a few of those names in Ippo. One guy who used a machine gun punch, he was mentioned while they were training with Nekota. If you get the Infusion ones, they give a url at that scene so you can learn about him.

the boxing in Ippo is a little exagerated too spice it up because regular boxing sucks ass but this anime totally ROCKS

I was wondering one thing... are you guys familiar with Japanese boxing? If you are can you tell me how accurate is the boxing system in the anime to real life system

With how it was described in Ippo, I thought it was just a regional division of a world boxing league. If Japan has its own version of boxing, I don't think it was represented in Ippo.

I can tell you this much most of the moves short of the shot gun are real boxing moves. For example Mashiba's Flicker Jab is a boxing move, though i've never seen it used to do much aside from put pressure on your opponent. The names they drop at least the ones i can remember are real. Jack Dempsey is a legend on old american boxing, no one could dish out or take a beating like he could. He was also a thug for the mafia and a vicious one from what i've read. Though the depsey roll has to be a tad bit over exaggerated. Rocky Marciano is a real boxer as well though i can't say i know much about him. Man i wish there was gonna be a second season. Mostly because i wanna see Ippo fight the old champ again and i can't get enough of the lord of perverts Takamura. Every anime need charcters like him.

Of Course Rocky Marciano is real.. go see the movie Rock Marciano with Jon Favreau it's awesome, but it's no Raging Bull

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo @ Feb 10 2004, 09:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Any of you guys are reminded of punch-out with the sound when Ippo does the Dempsey Roll? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/me...nfo.php?v=23265

Apparently others are reminded of Punch-out as well. Probably the only decent Ippo AMV I&#39;ve ever seen. Let me know if there are other good ones out there.

Any of you guys are reminded of punch-out with the sound when Ippo does the Dempsey Roll?

BTW, I just watched Champion Road... awesome movie and fight, now I&#39;m just waiting for Kimura vs. Mashiba to finish downloading... after that one the series is done right? or are there more movies on the work?

I still need to see this series really bad, it is on teh top of my list.

That Little Ippo AMV was awesome... sadly I havent found any others

www.snoopycool.com

If you like the anime so much read the manga. They are pretty much the same, but the manga drops more real life boxer names.

Also a bit more bloody and the manga has gone for over 60 volumes and still going strong.

The anime most likely only got to Volume 30 or so, including the movie and oav.

Episode 76 of the anime is something that was only in the anime I believe, it was cool to see the Pervert Lord&#39;s backstory though.

Hopefully Snoopy will keep going post Lalapalooza and we can check out the rest of the story.

This really has become one of my favorites.

I&#39;ll definately read the manga... if you remember the exact volume the anime stopped please let me know