Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asain Movies

john woo's early films, Hard Boiled, The Killer, etc....

um if u havent seen volcano high then i reconmend that u watch it bc its good but get the eng version bc it funny as hell bc they have little jon, ludacris, snoop doog, and many other rappers and singers dubbed over the actors and its hellla funny

EDIT

Audition

A middle-aged widower decides to choose a new wife by holding a fake audition...it gets very disturbing later on

Ichi The Killer

Extremely violent in a comic book/kill bill kind of way. Film features an extreme sadist and an extreme masochist

Tetsuo

Bizarre film where two men slowly become machines...violent, fast paced and quite disturbing. Is low budget (shot in black and white) and just over an hour long but its really cool and well done...I just got this on DVD with the sequel and I'm looking forward to seeing the second one...

Ring, Ring 2, Ring 0, The Ring Virus (Korean), The Spiral (aka Rasen)

Famous now because of the American remake ( ) but the Japanese ones are better. Ring virus is a Korean version of the first film and The Spiral was the original sequel before Ring 2 was brought out. Kinda difficult to explain...but its basically about a cursed video tape...very scary (especially Ring and Ring 2).

The Eye

Japanese or Korean film that Tom Cruise is planning to make an american remake of...is no good foreign film safe?? I heard theres gonna be an american version of Tesis (cool spanish film) as well...

The Legend Of Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2

Cool kung fu films set in China (in the past) starring Jet Li...my favourite films featuring him...why these aren't so readily available (at least here in Britain) on DVD I have no idea...

Once Upon A Time In China

Pretty good (but not great) film with Jet Li also set in the past in China...

Phone

Brilliant Japanese horror film involving a mobile phone...has a similar technology curse theme to Ring and Kairo (Pulse)

Kairo (Pulse)

Similar to Phone and Ring but not quite as good...this time involving ghosts and the Internet...gets very weird towards the end...

Dark Water

Cool Japanese horror film by the same directer (and based on the book by the same author) of Ring.

Battle Royale 1 & 2

See the topic elsewhere in the General Chat section...

Fist Of Fury
    Game Of Death
    Way Of The Dragon

Jackie Chan films I have trouble remembering their names but the Police Story films are good (though they follow a similar Jackie Chan storyline which occurs a few times too often for my liking), Meals on Wheels is cool, Rumble in the Bronx is good and a couple of his hollywood films are really cool (Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2)...

U know about these already

I thank you for the tips and if a film isnt action it would be nice if you could tell me whats its about.

When i rented Bruce All Mighty i saw a trailer for The Returner it was so nice action that it gave me the chills

Can anyone recomend a film with Samurai leader in The Last Samurai, i think his name was Ken something.

By the way i love samurais so i wouldn't mind if you recomend samurai films.

P.S You dont have to recomend Bruce Lee movies cause i grew up with his film

But You can recomend Jet Li and Jackie Chan films.

Twins effect
    Infernal affairs 1-3
    Running on karma
    Young and dangerous 1-8
    Storm riders
    Love on a diet
    Shaolin soccer (NON AMERICANIZED VERSION)
    Spy dad
    gen y cop
    gen x cop
    Mostly all of stephen chow movies, They r OLd but FUNNY as hell
    Ekin cheung movies r always good to watch
    Volcano high (NON AMERICANIZED VERSION)
    Legend of Fong sai yok 1-2? I forgot how to spell
    Bruce lee movies

You can recomend any kind of movie but i like Hong Kong action and japanese movie most. If you see a asian movie tell me about if it is good.
    I live in Sweden so i cant just go and rent a asian movie

Baby cart, all the movies(6 of them i think)
    The first 3 Once upon a time in china(the 4th and fifth aren't with jet li )
    Almost everything kurosawa made
    Tetsuo/Tetsuo II (insane movie)

Missing Nin
    all the bruce lee films, like game of death, fist of fury etc

all the old jackie chan movies like drunken master etc

all the old jet li films like hitman, twin warriors etc

oh and shaolin soccer, that movie owns lol

Missing Nin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 &#064; Feb 3 2004, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thank you for the tips and if a film isnt action it would be nice if you could tell me whats its about.

When i rented Bruce All Mighty i saw a trailer for The Returner it was so nice action that it gave me the chills

Can anyone recomend a film with Samurai leader in The Last Samurai, i think his name was Ken something.

By the way i love samurais so i wouldn&#39;t mind if you recomend samurai films.

P.S You dont have to recomend Bruce Lee movies cause i grew up with his film

But You can recomend Jet Li and Jackie Chan films. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    if u like samurai films i recommend the seven samurai, i think its called. made decades ago, its in black and white. total classic tho&#33;

i think there are about 6 bruce lee films; big boss, enter the dragon, fist of fury, game of death 1, green hornet(tv series), way of the dragon

Battle royale 1 and 2.
    infernal affairs 1-3

I liked the movie Hero, starring Jet Li.

iron monkey vhs version&#33;

Anything by Kitano, like Battle Royale, Fireworks

Returner

Iron Monkey

You should also try Korean movies. If you want to watch something funny, watch
    Attack the Gas Station, My Wife is a Gangster, Oh Brother

For horror I recommend Phone, Tale of Two Sisters.

For action check out Beat

For suspense check out Wild Card

My favorites

Hardboiled

the Killer

A Better Tommorow

A Better Tommorow 2

Time &amp; Tide

Fulltime Killer (lots of manga references and stuff like that)

Seven Samurai

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Hidden Fortress

Ran

Once Upon a Time in China 1-3

Once Upon a Time in China and America

Iron Monkey

Legend of the Wolf

Fist of Legend

Shaolin Soccer is one of the funniest movies i have seen.
    The Bruce Lee look alike goalkeeper was great

Old but good: Seven Samurai

New but good: Zatoichi

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Feb 4 2004, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Oh Brother
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Isn&#39;t that with george clooney ?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elite Hentai @ Feb 4 2004, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> New but good: Zatoichi </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Man you do not know how bad i want to see that movie....... I need to find it.

Shaolin Soccer and Drunken Master 2 are the only two ones I&#39;ve seen..

Ichi the Killer, Audition (I WILL NEVER SEE THAT), Fudou (sp?), the Ringu Jap and Korean, Musa (Dubbed Live Action Berserk by my bf) movies got good reviews from my boyfriend and his friends.