Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 68 discussion

i liked this episode. it's not a complete filler episode i think because it's setting up all the fights/events that will take place in the next few episodes while showing the power of the sand and surprises like orochimaru as kazekage.Sakura waking up Shikamaru and naruto, kakashi saying that hokage isn't that easy to kill wonders his actual skills, you see shino in the shadows somewhere(you could tell he's gunna do something), sasuke going after gaara or something and finally the anticipated Genma in action gainst baki. Those are the things i wanna see happen really soon.

your thoughts?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nara Shikamaru @ Jan 31 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> it&#39;s not a complete filler episode </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    my thoughts:
    it&#39;s not even 1% a filler ep
    unless filler is following the manga
    all they did was make a few more drawings than the manga (so everything would fit together like it has to in anime).. other than that they followed the manga completely

i think it was a good ep in that sense
    and it sure builds tension and mood
    plus they had the awesome orotheme (i gotta get me some of that&#33

I don&#39;t think that so many ninjas have died ever in naruto. 68 was good, not great but good, they have added the &quot;scene&quot; with iruka-san and the kids at the academy school... Hope they start the hokage vs orochimaru battle next episode

i think the iruka scene was there to say something like the civilians didn&#39;t know that this war is going on.

i liked it... but the snakes looked so stupid with those scarfs.
    and when they attacked that guy in the air it looked extremely stupid

I thought it was great.

Genma looks like he is read to go at it. Kakashi had me laughing hard. Gai needs to really get going. The random Konoha ninjas wee cool too. The Sand nins looked pretty menacing. I am kind of hoping Shino goes to help Sasuke cuz I think 3 people is a little much for him. I want to know where Kakashi sends Naruto, Shiki, and Sakura... and Naruto better summon Gamabunta to fight the snakes. I thought the snakes were cool, but I think snakes rule period.

I want to see like shikimaru&#39;s teacher and Hinata&#39;s teacher ( i forgot thier names) tear some people up. I hope Jiriaya comes to help. I want to see the 4 freaky sound nins do something. Wondering when kabuto will attack Kakashi. he just keep standing there.

So much is going on&#33;&#33;&#33; Ah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

quite good ep it sets the coming battles up. i wish they ended it with naruto waking up.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phreakatron @ Jan 31 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thought it was great.

Genma looks like he is read to go at it. Kakashi had me laughing hard. Gai needs to really get going. The random Konoha ninjas wee cool too. The Sand nins looked pretty menacing. I am kind of hoping Shino goes to help Sasuke cuz I think 3 people is a little much for him. I want to know where Kakashi sends Naruto, Shiki, and Sakura... and Naruto better summon Gamabunta to fight the snakes. I thought the snakes were cool, but I think snakes rule period.

I want to see like shikimaru&#39;s teacher and Hinata&#39;s teacher ( i forgot thier names) tear some people up. I hope Jiriaya comes to help. I want to see the 4 freaky sound nins do something. Wondering when kabuto will attack Kakashi. he just keep standing there.

So much is going on&#33;&#33;&#33; Ah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Gai&#39;s Scream sounds like Bruce Lee

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 31 2004, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phreakatron &#064; Jan 31 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thought it was great.

So much is going on&#33;&#33;&#33; Ah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Gai&#39;s Scream sounds like Bruce Lee </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    its a bruce lee scream also used in the tekken games with that Law dude. that scream is hilarious. love it

fuckng great seeing Kakashi and Gai fighting back to back...I thought this was a pretty decent episode, the animation was noticeably better than in some of the recent eps (excluding 66-67). I love the moment where Orochimaru says &quot;Sarutobi-sensei.&quot; Strays a little from the manga, but not too much, and all in good effect...

It was alright. The Gai really got some killer attacks, and once again, Sakura was saved by someone stronger. And Michael Jackson&#39;s crying was funny.

I realised when i watched this episode that jounin fight very much with kunai&#39;s, not ninjutsu, only that flamethrower-thing

Ill give the episode 3/5. It was a great fighting episode, had good quality and Orochimaru was great a Kazekage. But i already suspected him since he arrived at the stadium because of his eyes. That, and that Orrochimaru hadnt turn up for a while. Ok, so hes a little bit scary now but thats nothing like in the 2nd exam. Ya know : &quot;As i expected from the uchiha clan&quot; and all that. I think oro was cooler back in the 30`s. One thing more. I dont think Gai was so great. I mean,even lee could do what he did. PUCH PUCH,ya know. I would have expected that he would run so fast that you couldnt see him, even with weights or anything else like that. Or that his punches throwed them away to the other side of the stadium . And that Bruce Lee scream made him goofy. OK,so the episode was great but i think theres moree to come (more hungry mouths to feed)&#33;

Well, remember in episode 1 or 2, Mizuki threw kunais and shurikens at Iruka and he had like 7 on him and the jounins in ep 68 died with 3 kunais sticking out. Isnt that wierd.

also the kunais with explosive tags were pretty cool...

alot of the random junins were pretty damn weak for a junnin...

also it was cool to find out sakuras actually usefull for something
    (genjitsu expert it would seem)

she is talented in genjutsu... not expert. btw is that a pokemon in your sig? the white ninetails?

Missing Nin
    i loved 68 thought it was a refreshing break from the 30 eps in a row of tournaments. oro was cool, gai was cool, kakashi was cool, everything about it was cool . guess it was more of a buildup episode than anything else. jst setting up the fights that are gunna take place in the next 10 eps or more. like gai + kakashi vs kabuto, oro vs hokage, sasuke (+ shino?) vs temari and kankuro (and maybe gaara?). and also naruto, shikamura and sasukes mission, whatever it may be&#33;

anyway i think we have a funpacked couple of episodes atleast, ahead of us

p.s. love the naruto + shikamura combination, 1 lazy sod, with 1 overenergetic sod&#33; genius

not a bad ep.....but unfortunately i watched bakasan&#39;s version, and it seemed to have some errors in it.....the damn thing kept freezing every now and then, at certain times.....so i would have to restart it, and manually go past that point and then start re watching.......took all the fun out of it :&lt;

anyway, gai and kakashi kicked ass....i loved gai&#39;s screem, and kakashi smile when he saves sakura and look down at her thru his legs.

can&#39;t wait till oro and the old man start fighting.....but i wonder where the real kazakage is. did he even come to konoha? im kinda disappointed....i wanted to c how strong another kage was. oh well.

im also wondering when we&#39;ll c jiraya......and kabuto as well. he just standing there not doing anyhitng......and where are kurnie, the smoking guy (what was his name?) and ebisu.....and all the other jounins that were attending.

the snakes were pretty kool, but im wondering y the shinobi were throwin kunais.......a little knife isn&#39;t gonna do much against something that big. it would&#39;ve been better to use a jutsu or a summon of thier own (well they did do the fire jutsu, but they got owned)

can&#39;t wait till 69....its gonna b great

was also wondering about the naruto A class mission
    they show that dog from the 3rd ending credits

and yes it is the pokemon... when my sig was made there werent many pictures of kyuubi (it was around episode 40)

Missing Nin
    lol i forgot to mention, WHAT HAPPENED TO ROCK LEE??? obviously he wud have fallen to kabutos genjutsu as he himself cant do genjutsu to repel it, but he didnt appear to be on the floor?

or were the animators jst be lazy again