Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fourth's mame?

Which is his name?' i can't remember if it's says anytime or don't Anyone knows?

I don't think they've revealed it yet. But it should be on the contract scroll with the frogs. Hard to decipher the name. You can barely read Jiraiya's

I can't really see or translate it i'll ask one of my friends in school.

Very hard to read it's ****se. I'll keep trying....
    I'm thinking the second character is either a, o, or re. Have no clue what the first one is.

Here's the pic

Heh, maybe Naruto?
    Lol
    Probaly not.

Last I heard it was.....

Uzumaki Arashi

I used that name in my fanfic because of that (the second fanfic).

It loosely translates to Spiraling Storm.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Jan 19 2004, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Last I heard it was.....

Uzumaki Arashi

I used that name in my fanfic because of that (the second fanfic).

It loosely translates to Spiraling Storm. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I saw your fic, a couple weeks ago ... Where did you hear that that was his name, anyway? I was wondering about that statement.

None of the kanji in that third signature look like either &quot;uzumaki&quot; or &quot;arash&quot; (going by my Japanese dictionary ... so I don&#39;t necessarily know what I&#39;m talking about here ^ˆ^; )

I heard that on Toriyama World Forums when they were dissecting the scrolls and stuff. So I went with that.

Not 100%, but it does sound like a cool name.

Can any othe names be made out? be intresting if it is a scroll of Naruto&#39;s family. going back a cuple Genrations

well..Uzumaki might not even be his real last name.

Perhaps to cover up his identity as the son of the 4th they changed his last name to Uzumaki. That way as far as the villagers know he is just an orphan with a fox inside of him.

First character is a kanji I am unfamiliar with, if anyone can identify it, we&#39;ve got a full name.

Second and third characters are hiragana -- &quot;Ne&quot; and &quot;Se.&quot; So his name is [kanji]nese or [Kanji Family Name] Nese.

Might not even be the fourth&#39;s signature, though. If it is, he&#39;s got some big goddamned hands, don&#39;t you think?

EDIT: So we do know that for damn sure the last person who signed the scroll before Jiraiya had neither &quot;Uzumaki&quot; nor &quot;Arashi&quot; in their name, but until we&#39;ve got a Kanji match, we still don&#39;t know who it was.

I don&#39;t see why his name would be in kanji because naruto wrote his in hiragana. Also the last character looks like se. I dunno a lot of kanji so some of those characters could be kanji.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD &#064; Jan 20 2004, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Very hard to read it&#39;s* ****se. I&#39;ll keep trying....
    I&#39;m thinking the second character is either a, o, or re. Have no clue what the first one is.

Here&#39;s the pic
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

vagabond... i think you were looking at the third name from the left and thinking that that is forth&#39;s name. For your information, forth&#39;s name is the 2nd one.
    The one you were looking at is Jiraiya&#39;s name. (<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>自来也</span>) (all in kanji)

well that whole thing doesn&#39;t make sense to me..

Wouldn&#39;t Jiraiya have signed it before the 4th?

It should go Naruto, 4th, then Jiraiya.

Naruto should not be right beside Jiraiya, but he obviosly is..

Weird.

It was a mistake made by the subbers. which is why i said it is actually...

&quot;uzumaki naruto&quot; | &quot;4th&#39;s name&quot; | &quot;Jiraiya&quot; |

Nice, Akai. Didn&#39;t think they&#39;d all be Kanji -- just thought it was stylized. I wonder why the subbers the second name as such?

Are you positive, though? The &quot;来&quot; has no hash marks and is written in only two strokes...

The second name is illegible... I can&#39;t figure out what it is.

Wait, the third name has to be Jiraiya chronologically, anyway&#33; Jiraiya trained the fourth, not vice-versa, so the second name&#39;s the fourth&#39;s, and that&#39;s why it is purposely hard to read.

Anyone got a manga scan?

I have the manga... but if you look at the manga scan... you&#39;d be even more confused... because the second name there looked totally different from the one here. The only similarity between the 2 is... both are illegible.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thetruehooha &#064; Jan 20 2004, 11:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Nice, Akai.* Didn&#39;t think they&#39;d all be Kanji -- just thought it was stylized.* I wonder why the subbers the second name as such?

Are you positive, though?* The &quot;来&quot; has no hash marks and is written in only two strokes...</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Absolutely
    Jiraiya has bad handwritings. 4th&#39;s worse. lolz