Thread: Shrinking the Episodes' file size

hmmm... ever heard of DivX or XVID? Try encoding with them in VirtualDub, set up a bitrate calculator for the size you want and input the bitrate into the codec... and voila... can't guarantee any quality on it, but thats how it works...

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    eww!!! butchery!

any divx/xvid 23 minute avi less than about 80 megs is unwatchable, at least to me. We do 175/ep (350/ep on double-length episodes) so it fits 4 episods per cd... which is a good quality/filesize balance...

but yeah, what minako-chan said.

XViD can do miracles with compression. Haven't worked much with DivX yet though . Anywayz the sizes of these files are this way because AonE (and ANBU) know what they are doing. I would not fiddle with the file sizes. Especially not the way you intend to.

Actually from what you are saying I kind of figured you don't have much experience encoding or anything (might be wrong tell me if I am). if you where to try this, you would probably mess things up.

I think the size:quality is well done (AND NOT ONLY FOR NARUTO&#33. My advice in short? Don't mess with anything unless you know what you are doing. Then again someone who would know what they where doing probably wouldn't try this.

[edit]
    You beat me too it comlich8 .. watching too much tv while typing
    [/edit]

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You beat me too it comlich8 .. watching too much tv while typing</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

hehe, I know how that goes

doubleR
    I have been trying to figure out how to shrink the files that I download from your site, like the Naruto episodes which are over 150mb and some 250. I have been thinking about making it small around to 30, 40, 50, 60mb? Does anyone know how to do that? I mean I dont really care if it loses a quality as long as it shrinked and I dont really care what file type it is, show could anyone of you show me how to do this please? I have been looking for this tutorials but some people say its not possible? ok thanks in advance guys.