Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8th Gate

I think that someone will deffinately open the 8th gate and die in the manga/anime. I do not see Kishimoto making such a grave concequence to opening the 8th gate for no reason. Either Gai or Rock Lee will open the 8th gate and die.

I'm thinking that Gai will be facing off against someone really strong and to save Lee and some people he opens the 8th gate and kicks the crap out of the guy then dies. The Lee will go insane and rampage through whatever enemies are left.

i think that anyone capable of doing so wouldnt be so stupid, unless its Gai

You do understand that opening the 8th gate implies death, do you?
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

Yes, if someone opened the 8th gate it would propably be Gai. That's because he's the one who taught Lee to open gates, so I think he is able to open them all. And if he will come to a situation where he'll have to choose between dying himself or the death of Lee or Lee and many others, he'll choose to die himself. And that's when he would open all the gates, and fight with enermous powers.

Um I think I have been rather redundant about the fact that someone will die when the open the 8th gate.

I hope not that Gai or Lee dies its not neccesery to kill one of the main characters.
    I would like if one of them opens the 8 gate and destroys someone strong.

i really hope that there comes to no point in the anime or mang where either lee or gai has to open the 8th gate bc i think that the story wouldnt go right without them in it, but if it does let them do it for some that they care for

I think Kakashi calling Rock Lee a genious just had to do with the fact that he could open five gates since I think most people can't even open 1.

Remember when we see that Neji's view isn't perfect for the first time.
    And think of his fight with Kidoumaru. That was already built up there.

I can't imagine the mangaka stressing out this death-fact that much without using it sooner or later.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?

maybe guy will prevent lee from opening the 8th gate and then he will open the 8th gate himself

Who said that you will die if you open the 8 gate? Isn't possible to survive after opening the 8 gate?

Either Gai or Kakashi when they explain they gates after Lee opens them.
    That's why the 8th one is called "Death gate" btw.
    --

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elessar @ Jan 19 2004, 06:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Either Gai or Kakashi when they explain they gates after Lee opens them.
    That&#39;s why the 8th one is called &quot;Death gate&quot; btw. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Then i hope Rock Lee never ever opens the 8 gate

if anyone will open the 8 gates it would be Gai, not Lee because lee only knows how to open 5 gates

actually, i would say the most likely one to open the 8th gate is lee. i don&#39;t think there&#39;s much of a diffrence between the gates on the way of opening them, it&#39;s like the diffrence between lifting 10kg and 50kg, it&#39;s the same technique just much harder...

i can easly imagine him knownigly sacrefising his life to protect his improtent person, he seems to have a knack to big flashy sayings...

besides, we don&#39;t know if Gai is even able to open the 8 gates, the comment kakashi made about Lee being a genious after all can stand for the fact lee can open more gates than Gai...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

nobody has to necessarily open the 8th gate in the series......mentioning that was only to give the viewing audience a sense for how powerful such an ability actually is.

now what I would like to see used that they&#39;ve mentioned several times is how neji can not only inhibit, but accelerate chakra flow using tenketsu. i was dissappointed that he never did it against the spider guy
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Jan 19 2004, 09:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if anyone will open the 8 gates it would be Gai, not Lee because lee only knows how to open 5 gates </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Rock Lee will get better and eventually be able to open all 8 gates

I don&#39;t want lee or Gai to open all 8 gates. My guess is the gate system works like a multiplier. So.. like gate 1 =2 gate 2 =4 gate 3 =6 etcetera…… say lee’s base power is 50, and you open 5 gates 50*10=500… actually I guess it’s probably more of an exponent system…. Same thing just using ^ rather then *. If Lee’s base is 50 I would guess Gai’s is like 1000. So maybe Gai opening 4-5 gates will be enough for him to kill itachi or Oro…….no I’m not trying to be all dbzish with the power-levels. Btw at the end of the dbz manga Krillin in power level terms could have spanked frieza. hehe

seeing how the leaf has this thing for dying for ones that care about i can see lee or gai opening all the gates. and the 8th gate is around the heart. so i can see why they say if you open all 8 you will die because you will be over working your heart way past its limits.