Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is naruto for kids?

My older sister says naruto is cartoon for childrens.
    i dont know how the fuck she thinks!!? fighting anime is not for childrens ...well ok this maby was a stupid topic .... but i just want to say that its not for childrens!! so now you know ...lol...

Your sis needs to get laid

lol I hate when people say that anime is for children when most of the stuff is for adults!!!!

i believe it is cleaned up a little to be more presentable to younger japanese kiddies.....my ex-roommate also pointed out the little japanese characters above the text that appears at the beginning of each episode (the little chars are for younger kids who arent as fluent in whatever version of writing thats in to help them)

Although the standards for a kids show in japan is about equal to the standards of a teen/mature audience here
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

In the beginning of naruto it was for brat's but now when it's getting more complicated and involved with more thoughts behind it, it's more for teenagers/adults.. that's my opinion.

It is totally for kids - the main characters are all Junior High age. It comes in the same comic that also brought us Yugioh, Dragonball Z, and Hikaru no Go - all also made for kids. You guys are to insecure and you need to grow up. Everyone tries to justify why they are watching cartoons and say that anime is more than it really is.

Accept the fact that just because it is made for kids, it can still be fun to watch.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone @ Jan 17 2004, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I disargee.... I would not let my children(if I had ny) watch this until they were in their teens. It&#39;s a bit too bloody and well, I&#39;m not ready to show younger children that until they are at least 7 years of age, that&#39;s when they learn to depict fantasy from reality. In any case, I would say NOT for the youngest children, but it&#39;s still good for the rest of the ages. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I can understand that, but i&#39;m not narrowminded, why ?

Look, i&#39;m not the type of parent that&#39;s say to his childeren that
    what i watch you may not watch, because of what bad dreams? copying?
    blood?

Hell my kids are 6 and up and watch LOTR spidey almost everything...
    I do not protect them against the real world, shit happens.
    When they start to copy things from something like Naruto i will and i have
    learned them Naruto is makebelieve so if you gonna hit somebody it&#39;s gonna
    hurt like hell, if you fall it&#39;s gonna hurt etc. etc.
    Because i warned them nowadays yes they play Naruto but when they fall they fall
    in slow motion, and things like starting fights with other kids nope never heard
    the teachers about it &#33;&#33;&#33; and I have ask &#33;&#33;&#33; they are two good boys at school.
    Sure they have fights when they are provoked, i have seen it with my own eyes
    when one brother was in trouble the other keeps his eyes on him to see if he
    must help, if not he just waits...

Parents have the responseblity to learn there childeren what right whats wrong,
    so if they see something on TV or what ever it&#39;s my turn to act when they try to
    copy it.

I&#39;m very proud of my boys that they are so responsable and still have great fun
    playing Naruto without hurting them self or somebody.

Wolvie out

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SilentSnake @ Jan 16 2004, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well manga and anime like berserk is definitely not for children, naruto is for kids, but that doesn&#39;t change the fact that it also has interesting plot. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Lol, berserk isn&#39;t for some adults either.
    Even I had a hard time stomaching the ending, and I&#39;ve seen a lot of weird crap in my time.

Anyway, back on topic:

Anime is just a classification of film. Like &quot;action&quot;, &quot;drama&quot;, or &quot;comedy&quot;.
    Some is for kids, some is for adults.

In western society, cartoons are generally aimed towards kids and &quot;maturing young adults&quot; are told to avoid the trivialties of their childhood.
    So, basically...

Anime is a bunch of cartoons aimed at everyone.
    Take they as they are, or just ignore them.

Side note: I&#39;m an adult and I still watch disney movies, the simpsons, and even the occasional children&#39;s cartoon. There is nothing wrong with it. So stop milling over insecurities and just enjoy what you enjoy and stop classifing it.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darknight @ Jan 17 2004, 01:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lol, berserk isn&#39;t for some adults either.
    Even I had a hard time stomaching the ending, and I&#39;ve seen a lot of weird crap in my time. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    The thing that makes the Berserk anime so scary at the end is the fact that, almost anyone would make the same choice as Griffith. Berserk&#39;s creator was an absolute genius. The story was so damn good, it just went over peoples heads it seems. Certainly not for kids or adults with a weak stomach, lol&#33; Stopping on 25 was just too big of a cliff hanger, I was so pissed&#33;

Wow, 2 pages arguing about nothing.

I wish i knew where to get the manga.

You know this is exactly like video games. They were supposed to be for kids to. But now they&#39;re becoming a more valid form of entertainment for adults who used to play games when they were kids. Therein lies the key. Adults who grew up on games.

you can&#39;t expect any of our parents to get into anime, games, or anything simialr because they did not grow up with them. To them they very well are things for kids because they saw us. their kids, grow up with them.

For those of us that did grow up with this stuff its perfectly normal to watch shows..even those that might be aimed at younger audinces. My parents still sit down and watch bugs bunny or something on occasion. You&#39;d never catch them watching transformers for nostalgia though:/

Bottomline who cares. Its entertainment. IF you have fun who gives a shit what somebody else defines it as:/

I&#39;d say its designed for like like 10-14ish range. However I&#39;m very immature, and I like it.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OshadowO @ Jan 17 2004, 03:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You know this is exactly like video games. They were supposed to be for kids to. But now they&#39;re becoming a more valid form of entertainment for adults who used to play games when they were kids. Therein lies the key. Adults who grew up on games.

you can&#39;t expect any of our parents to get into anime, games, or anything simialr because they did not grow up with them. To them they very well are things for kids because they saw us. their kids, grow up with them.

For those of us that did grow up with this stuff its perfectly normal to watch shows..even those that might be aimed at younger audinces. My parents still sit down and watch bugs bunny or something on occasion. You&#39;d never catch them watching transformers for nostalgia though:/

Bottomline who cares. Its entertainment. IF you have fun who gives a shit what somebody else defines it as:/ </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    That&#39;s what I think too.

i believe that naruto is not ONLY for kids... it has all the ingredients of a show for kids, like the humour, the moral messages, and being a cartoon in general. it also has everything that would get an adult hooked, the violence, the excitement, the mystory, and sexy no jutsu
    there are animes/cartoons out there that were aimed for kids, but got a huge audience consisting of adults, and vice versa
    i think you should tell your sister to check out the forums (not just this forum, any forum with naruto in it), and see how many children she will find... probably 4 or 5

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoMuLuu @ Jan 17 2004, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmmm... No, this is not a stupid topic, even I don&#39;t know if this has been discussed earlier. But anyway, in my opinion Naruto is not for kids. Or well, who are kids and who aren&#39;t? In my opinion this serie is too hard to understand correctly for kids (lets say for example 7-13 years old kids). Of course kids can watch it, but they don&#39;t unrestand a shit about the plot? Of course there are some ~13 years old kids who maybe can? I&#39;m sure in Japan a lot of small children watch this anime, but all they see in it is prapably the fighting, nothing more... So in my opinion this anime is originally ment to people, lets say about 15 years and up. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yes i think Naruto are a little to complicated for childrens,. as you said they just see the fighting(i didn&#39;t had much to say , just wanted you to know i agree&#39;d with you.....)

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 @ Jan 17 2004, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wow, 2 pages arguing about nothing. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    5 pages . and by the way this is not &quot;nothing&quot;
    where trying to come up to a sort of selution on this.,,. we discuss theoris ,facts and stuff so dont come here say this is nothing

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GHill_wolverine @ Jan 17 2004, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 17 2004, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I disargee.... I would not let my children(if I had ny) watch this until they were in their teens. It&#39;s a bit too bloody and well, I&#39;m not ready to show younger children that until they are at least 7 years of age, that&#39;s when they learn to depict fantasy from reality. In any case, I would say NOT for the youngest children, but it&#39;s still good for the rest of the ages. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I can understand that, but i&#39;m not narrowminded, why ?

Look, i&#39;m not the type of parent that&#39;s say to his childeren that
    what i watch you may not watch, because of what bad dreams? copying?
    blood?

Hell my kids are 6 and up and watch LOTR spidey almost everything...
    I do not protect them against the real world, shit happens.
    When they start to copy things from something like Naruto i will and i have
    learned them Naruto is makebelieve so if you gonna hit somebody it&#39;s gonna
    hurt like hell, if you fall it&#39;s gonna hurt etc. etc.
    Because i warned them nowadays yes they play Naruto but when they fall they fall
    in slow motion, and things like starting fights with other kids nope never heard
    the teachers about it &#33;&#33;&#33; and I have ask &#33;&#33;&#33; they are two good boys at school.
    Sure they have fights when they are provoked, i have seen it with my own eyes
    when one brother was in trouble the other keeps his eyes on him to see if he
    must help, if not he just waits...

Parents have the responseblity to learn there childeren what right whats wrong,
    so if they see something on TV or what ever it&#39;s my turn to act when they try to
    copy it.

I&#39;m very proud of my boys that they are so responsable and still have great fun
    playing Naruto without hurting them self or somebody.

Wolvie out </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    keep on with the good work

Well it&#39;s kinda prejudged here .. if you see limbs flying and gallons of blood gushing and nudity it&#39;s for teens and older, but if the same anime doesn&#39;t have the limbs flying and blood gushing and nudity it&#39;s for children all of a sudden???