Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoilers ahoy

Well lets see what happens with the manga now in chapter 200...

Hey im thinking can people gain the title of chuunin outside of the chuunin examination, like through acts of heroism and saving the lives of others by putting there own on the line, coz if it were possible couldnt all the people who originated in the search for sasuke then become chuunin thru the acts of heroism that they accomplish

That's what I think is going to happen.
    Or....there will be a huge time jump to when Naruto is in his late teens as a Jounin.

yea, if the composer does hav a time jump i wonder how far they'll go :S and wat would hav happened since we last see the characters...i dunno if a time jump is worth it.

oh ok thought bout a couple more things a time jump cant happen till after lee's treatment and also after imo tsunade heal's chouji neji and whoever else may nearly die in this arc.

ahh that would be awsome also , everything is going so mad in the manga right now i think.

there isnt really a huge importance in being chuunin so far

Naruto will still be Naruto no matter what rank he is, i dont see why he has to suddenly become chuunin - he'll earn it next chuunin exam

Youronly saying that becauseyour a chunnin

i'm telling ya, timejump at chapter 300.....

I think they will need to earn it in the next chuunin exam... unless Tsunade decides he's worthy of the title. But if you remember it's not just the people from konoha who decide that title... In the 3rd exam there's judges from many villages (if I remember correctly) and they must get votes from those guys as well. But as someone already said... I sense a time jump

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RockLeeisHOT &#064; Jan 2 2004, 09:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>But if you remember it&#39;s not just the people from konoha who decide that title... In the 3rd exam there&#39;s judges from many villages (if I remember correctly) and they must get votes from those guys as well. But as someone already said... I sense a time jump </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I think they&#39;re only there for their fun, only the Kages and the Jounin/Chuunin seem to decide it. Otherwise people like Naruto and Sasuke would have become Chuunin.

They&#39;ll probably become Chuunin after this mission. There are exceptions. You don&#39;t have to do everything by the books. Furthermore, Tsunade plays mad favorites with Naruto - think she won&#39;t promote him?

Yup, definitely either promote them through their deeds or jump forward. Should be one or another.

i doubt they&#39;ll get promoted if they fail

by fail i mean, not bring back Sasuke - which you cant say that they will

and by the way there are still genins who are like 20 or higher in age

Kabuto didnt go over genin ranking and there were old genins in the chuunin exam

In order to be promoted, don&#39;t you have to display leadership qualities, etc.?

Considering they already have Shikamaru as their leader, what opportunity would any of them have to display chuunin qualities for promotion on this current mission? I really doubt any of them will be promoted.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

yea i reckon that all of em will get promoted not jus naruto they did show courage and qualities which make them seem like there leaders, choosing to stay behind and fight an enemy alone so that the mission can be completed, being a leader doesnt mean ur at the front like shikamaru leadership comes in all sorts of forms making the right decision and showing courage thru adversity and even doing the right thing as neji and choji have done can be seen by me as signs of leadership

theres no reason for them to be promoted

they were following Shikamarus orders.
    if anyone HE will get promoted lol (shikamaru as jounin? not likely)
    you dont earn chuunin rank by beating tough opponents

also, how the hell are they going to know that they displayed leadership qualities back in the village? as far as Tsunade will look at it is if they come back without Sasuke they failed the mission.

think about it for a second, they come back severly wounded and without Sasuke, how the hell is that chuunin worthy

why do they need the rank anyway does it somehow make them stronger... and who says you cant skip chunin and go stright to jounin which dont seem to need the leadership skills so much

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 3 2004, 08:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> In order to be promoted, don&#39;t you have to display leadership qualities, etc.?

Considering they already have Shikamaru as their leader, what opportunity would any of them have to display chuunin qualities for promotion on this current mission? I really doubt any of them will be promoted. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yeah, that leads me to believe that Kiminamaro will get to them and take Sasuke while Naruto and co. fight against the two sounds, and after they somehow win, Naruto will have to choose betweem going after Kiminamaro and saving sasuke, or to go back to the village to take care of the near dead team, and by choosing to retreat (and going back on his word) he&#39;ll show he deserves the rank of genin.

we have seen it stated before, that coming back with all team memberes alive is usually more important than completing the mission...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I think at least Chouji and Neji, probebly the others also deservse to be promoted. I mean they will defeat the four Sound nins and those guys are at a high chuunin level.

But we have to remember that Naruto has never really gone against his word, that is his nin But you never know I guess..