Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i hope naruto never get licensed

Daff
    i've seen it to often. a real good anime is licensed by someone and poorly translated (naruto is named joe and so on) dubbed and broadcasted at prime times like 2 p.m.
    i'm ok with that but then the realy horrofying stuff shows up. bad merchandising and kids Kids KIDS. they are talking about the anime all the time and are making up things i wouldn't make up if i were on crack. i hate it.

my sentiments exactly

<span style='colorurple'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Times'>I hope not either.I love this anime so much that I will watch it over &amp; over again. Well it&#39;s just like juuni Kokki that is licensed buy they still subbed. I just got EPS 43.</span></span></span>

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sexy_no_jutsu @ Dec 27 2003, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    LOL...

but yeah, Daff, agreed...it annoys the heck outta me when stuff like that happens.

umm.......yeah pretty much

Naruto can get licensed, after it&#39;s over.

If it ever gets licenced and broadcasted on tv they should wait untill most people have digital cable and you can choose languages. They should use the fansub translations because they can&#39;t translate properly.

If it gets dubbed correctly with everything the same just in English, it&#39;ll be alright. Don&#39;t be stingy....

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nine Tailed Demon @ Dec 28 2003, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If it gets dubbed correctly with everything the same just in English, it&#39;ll be alright. Don&#39;t be stingy.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Exactly. Higher quality dubs are more and more common now a days. Funimation has improved from their DBZ days, Viz and Bandai have put out many good dubs with everything intact, and Geneon and Media Blasters are pretty good too. Yeah, it&#39;d suck if 4Kids liscensed it and made their &#39;improvements&#39; to it, but most of the dubbing companies would treat it with respect and release a subbed version anyways.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elite Hentai @ Dec 28 2003, 06:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If it ever gets licenced and broadcasted on tv they should wait untill most people have digital cable and you can choose languages. They should use the fansub translations because they can&#39;t translate properly. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Most every proffesional sub are better than fansubs. I can think of very few exceptions to this rule. And besides, the subs will be available on DVD, and by buying the DVD&#39;s you support a show that you enjoy watching.

if i did, they would kill this anime series..wont have the same meaning u get from japan

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Dec 28 2003, 04:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Naruto can get licensed, after it&#39;s over. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yep.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sexy_no_jutsu @ Dec 27 2003, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    LOL

As for funi and DBZ.. maybe it&#39;s just that I never watched an ep of DBZ properly in jap but I thought the dub was pretty good... though I did see some moives in Jap and subbed..... MAN they ruined them with putting stupid Rock music into EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. It doesn&#39;t suit them at all... and for the life of me I can&#39;t imagine rock music being used in movie 12 against Janemba but knowing them they are gonna shove it in anyway.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hinatachanfanboy @ Dec 30 2003, 11:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (not_sponsored &#064; Dec 30 2003, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s not about professional subs, it&#39;s about the professional dubs... and mispronounciations of names... ick* * i.e. DBZ&#39;s english dubbing by bandai... it&#39;s just gonna sound so lame when naruto yells &quot;SHADOW DOPPLEGANGER&quot; instead of &quot;KAGE BUSHIN NO JUTSU&quot;

agree?* </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Sometimes the dubs are bad(BTW, DBZ was dubbed by Funimation), but some leave all the names the same, including the attack names. It all depends on who gets the rights to dub it.

Besides, outside of 4Kids, most companies include a sub track on their DVD, so no one is forcing you to watch it dubbed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Bandai dubbed the first season of DBZ.

It&#39;s not about professional subs, it&#39;s about the professional dubs... and mispronounciations of names... ick i.e. DBZ&#39;s english dubbing by bandai... it&#39;s just gonna sound so lame when naruto yells &quot;SHADOW DOPPLEGANGER&quot; instead of &quot;KAGE BUSHIN NO JUTSU&quot;

agree?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chi Chi @ Dec 30 2003, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hinatachanfanboy &#064; Dec 30 2003, 11:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (not_sponsored &#064; Dec 30 2003, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s not about professional subs, it&#39;s about the professional dubs... and mispronounciations of names... ick* * i.e. DBZ&#39;s english dubbing by bandai... it&#39;s just gonna sound so lame when naruto yells &quot;SHADOW DOPPLEGANGER&quot; instead of &quot;KAGE BUSHIN NO JUTSU&quot;

agree?* </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Sometimes the dubs are bad(BTW, DBZ was dubbed by Funimation), but some leave all the names the same, including the attack names. It all depends on who gets the rights to dub it.

Besides, outside of 4Kids, most companies include a sub track on their DVD, so no one is forcing you to watch it dubbed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Bandai dubbed the first season of DBZ. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Nope, Funimation dubbed the first 2 seasons of DBZ, but they did it under strict orders of SABAN(not Bandai, although they have worked together in the past).

Does it matter? Well in the offical &quot;translated&quot; version in US Shonen Jump Naruto does yell &quot;Shadow Doppleganger&quot; instead of &quot;kage bunshin no jutsu&quot;... which really irks me.

Yeah, but it could be worse. It&#39;s still mostly the same, plus anime and manga&#39;s usually end up with different translations in the US.