Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 64 Discussion

hmm.....having shikamaru release the shadow just before kin hit her head does sound like a reasonable assumption....after all it seems that when gaara got hit by naruto, that shikamaru felt it as well.

the point of shikamaru giving up though was that he didnt really want to participate in the first place, he just wanted to prove that he was better than temari
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

shouldn't Temari have been disqualified getting help from kankuro and all? That is like cheating.

well, shikamaru said it before. he cant go hitting women all the time. he has to think of his image

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shinji Ikari @ Dec 26 2003, 06:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> shouldn&#39;t Temari have been disqualified getting help from kankuro and all? That is like cheating. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    well....the rules ARE that there are no rules......but im sure kankuro yelling out isnt all that much different than naruto yelling out to people all the time during the prelims
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The Guilty Gear guy is Zato-1, then his shadow took over and he is now called Eddie.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 26 2003, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shinji Ikari &#064; Dec 26 2003, 06:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> shouldn&#39;t Temari have been disqualified getting help from kankuro and all? That is like cheating. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    well....the rules ARE that there are no rules......but im sure kankuro yelling out isnt all that much different than naruto yelling out to people all the time during the prelims </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Naruto have never told anyone to do at least. He only motivates people with his yelling.

Shikamaru rocks&#33; He gave up only because he thought it would be too troublesome to continue the fight without chakra. &quot;The clouds are nice&quot;

he didnt say he had planned 200 more moves... he said he had thought of 200 different choices he could make in these next ten seconds (proving how incredibly smart he is)
    and giving up was the best choice....

big difference there

edit : also my view on this episode was that it was pretty cool, but i hate sasuke
    so i hope he hasnt surpassed naruto by training with kakashi

if shika wanted to be really smart, then he should get a kunai leg-strap holster on both his legs. that way, he could always throw a kunai at the enemy without recieving one back. but then itd be to cheap and hed have instant ownage so no dice

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el3ctro @ Dec 26 2003, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> he didnt say he had planned 200 more moves... he said he had thought of 200 different choices he could make in these next ten seconds (proving how incredibly smart he is)
    and giving up was the best choice.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    no i dont think it was 200 moves for the next 10 seconds, i think it was 200 moves had he not succeeded with the hole trick, and if he had more than 10 seconds of chakra left
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Dec 27 2003, 01:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> *UPDATE*

I also just heard from Crustol that on january 14th, there will be a Naruto 1 hour special... But the week after, there won&#39;t be an episode airing. Enjoy&#33;

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    What the HELL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

why do they hate to air the episodes that much&#33;&#33;

.. SO BOARING&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I hate specials ep`s

I think it doesn&#39;t matter if he gave up, he has to becom chuunin for this very cool ep. Shikamaru si my afv. from now one, as I know how he really is, I knew he was a good strategyst [from the forest of dead] but THAT good....

well Shikamaru did not wanted to fight..so he was only looking for a way to give up but the girl was too troublesome

I think Shikamaru was just being brilliant. He knew that becoming a Chuunin was more about your skills than how many matches you won, and he also knew that he had shown everything he had to the judges during that match, so he didn&#39;t need to fight again. Plus, he&#39;s showing a bit of warrior&#39;s compassion; everybody knows she&#39;d be dead if this was a real battle... who gets to move on is just a technicality.

Also... did we see Sasuke at all this episode? Someone made a comment about his new outfit??

He wasn&#39;t in the epsidode. They were talking about the preview for ep65 at the end of ep64

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I don&#39;t think they can resist it. My guess is when Shikamaru dodged the shuriken he broke the shadow link which would have givin her a chance to change her motion. That or perhaps he didn&#39;t want to kill her.... perhaps he thought she was boinkable...

So yeah Shik should have bowed down really fast and made her wap her head on the fan.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    lol where did u get this idea?

Edit: SHIKAMARU RULES &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;
    no doubt he OWNS&#33;

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

My reason for thinking that they can resist it is the fact that they are always shaking when it happens. If the Shadow Imitation was perfect and the person snared had no power over it, then that wouldn&#39;t have been possible. Both Temari and the sound nin girl would act exactly like Shikamaru... no shaking or trembling. There&#39;s that and the fact that there was no indirect tactic Shikamaru could have taken advantage of in the 3rd exam. (possibly the hole, but he already pointed it out to her after he made the connection). This is my opinion at least. No need to confirm it with Kishimoto or anything

And yes I agree. Shikamaru is the coolest acting character in the Naruto series right now. I think Asuma could probably be a close second. It&#39;s the whole indifference thing that&#39;s so cool. Everybody is a ninja to do something and Shikamaru is basically mocking all of em by being lazy and saying that everything is troublesome. That kicks ass.

Shikimaru didnt want to hit Temari (says it at the start of the ep)
    and he didnt want to go to the next round because it would be too much effort, he barely wanted to be in this fight.

Its nothing to do with resistance btw, they&#39;re always resisting it.
    Shikamaru didnt want Kin to see it because he didnt really want to hurt her, basically he hates the thought of hitting chicks and if she never saw it coming he wouldnt be blamed beforehand and hes got a clear concious

Shikamaru has showed enough to be a Chuunin, he doesn&#39;t need to do anymore. But I don&#39;t think he&#39;s actually really trying to show off his skills because he doesn&#39;t care enough about becoming a Chuunin... it&#39;s too troublesome. He wants to live a fun life as a ninja, and that&#39;s it. Plus, no one was interested in his fight anyway, so bah... The only motivation for this fight was just not to lose to a girl. Actually, so far, in the third exam, it seems like all the losers have a shot at becoming Chuunin. I mean Neji didn&#39;t do that badly himself.

Shikamaru deserves the title Chuunin&#33; Easily&#33;

why cant shikamaru use kunai or shuriken during kagemane no jutsu ?
    the opponent will just whip the air while the kunai thrown by shikamaru will rip her ...

there might really be something with resistance in the jutsu .