Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Kakashi the strongest jounin in the leaf??

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 4 2004, 08:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac &#064; Jan 4 2004, 08:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orochimaru Tsunade and Jiraiya were all jounins

i say were because Tsunade is now hokage, Orochimaru is an s class criminal and Jiraiya is a missing-nin

so none of them are jounins of the leaf anymore </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Insomniac i better check that you&#39;ve wrothe correct... missing-nin is ninjas who have betrayed their village... i don&#39;t think jiraya betrayed his village, just went out for a long trip.. visiting other countries...

Edit: Missing-nin and S-rank criminal are bound together... itachi, that shark guy, orochimaru zabuza are all missing-nins and s-rank criminals </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Jiraiya was a missing-nin. But not an S-class criminal.
    Missing-nin= missing ninja , lol
    therefore he is a missing-nin.
    Missing-nin and S-class criminal doesnt always bound together.

Quoted from narutoguide.com </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Missing-Nin
    Ninjas who have abandoned their Village. These Shinobis are considered traitors and are hunted down because of the secrets they may hold. Other Hidden Villages would be interested purchasing this information becuase it could be useful in gaining an upper hand in battle. Villages create special Units of Hunter-Nins to take care of this problem</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

... it makes sense don&#39;t you think... and so far the combination with s-rank criminal and missing-nin have been bound together.. and i think that it will continue that way..

well if u think so then i guess it will&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Jan 2 2004, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> No Kakashi isn&#39;t the strongest. At this point in the anime he is at best third behind Jiraiya and the 3rd Hokage. At this point in the manga he would be lucky to be in the top 10 overall. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    we talking about jounin... not sennin or hokage.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chronic @ Jan 4 2004, 05:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> we talking about jounin... not sennin or hokage. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I assume you mean sages instead of sennin..... they are still jounin.... sage isn&#39;t a rank, it&#39;s a legendary title.... their rank is still jounin, so we can talk about Jiraiya and Orochimaru in this discussion.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Orochimaru Tsunade and Jiraiya were all jounins

i say were because Tsunade is now hokage, Orochimaru is an s class criminal and Jiraiya is a missing-nin

so none of them are jounins of the leaf anymore

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac &#064; Jan 4 2004, 08:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orochimaru Tsunade and Jiraiya were all jounins

so none of them are jounins of the leaf anymore </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Insomniac i better check that you&#39;ve wrothe correct... missing-nin is ninjas who have betrayed their village... i don&#39;t think jiraya betrayed his village, just went out for a long trip.. visiting other countries...

Edit: Missing-nin and S-rank criminal are bound together... itachi, that shark guy, orochimaru zabuza are all missing-nins and s-rank criminals

villin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 4 2004, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Quoted from narutoguide.com </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Missing-Nin
    Ninjas who have abandoned their Village. These Shinobis are considered traitors and are hunted down because of the secrets they may hold. Other Hidden Villages would be interested purchasing this information becuase it could be useful in gaining an upper hand in battle. Villages create special Units of Hunter-Nins to take care of this problem</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

... it makes sense don&#39;t you think... and so far the combination with s-rank criminal and missing-nin have been bound together.. and i think that it will continue that way.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Jiraiya didn&#39;t abandon Konoha and he isn&#39;t a traitor and he isn&#39;t being hunted so he is not a missing-nin. Jiraiya&#39;s rank is jounin.

Is it just me or is Itachi technically a chuunin.

Jounin-&gt;Anbu-&gt;Sage-&gt;Hokage that&#39;s the ranking at narutoguide.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing &#064; Jan 4 2004, 05:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Jan 4 2004, 08:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac &#064; Jan 4 2004, 08:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orochimaru Tsunade and Jiraiya were all jounins

Edit: Missing-nin and S-rank criminal are bound together... itachi, that shark guy, orochimaru zabuza are all missing-nins and s-rank criminals </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Jiraiya was a missing-nin. But not an S-class criminal.
    Missing-nin= missing ninja , lol
    therefore he is a missing-nin.
    Missing-nin and S-class criminal doesnt always bound together. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    No... you are wrong. A missing-nin classifies that a ninja has abandoned their own country. And they are considered &quot;backstabbers&quot; of the village. That is why there are hunter-nins to hunt the missing-nins down.

Haha... mine is almost like the description given by itachi_

Hmm I don&#39;t know why but I think that ANBU are the chuunin-jounin nins that are active. So in reality ANBU = chuunin/jounin no?

no, ANBU are specialized jounins....

...and dedicated fansubbers too

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Jan 5 2004, 01:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Jan 4 2004, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Quoted from narutoguide.com </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Missing-Nin

... it makes sense don&#39;t you think... and so far the combination with s-rank criminal and missing-nin have been bound together.. and i think that it will continue that way.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Jiraiya didn&#39;t abandon Konoha and he isn&#39;t a traitor and he isn&#39;t being hunted so he is not a missing-nin. Jiraiya&#39;s rank is jounin.

Is it just me or is Itachi technically a chuunin. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Itachi Uchiha is technically a jounin, with remarkable strenge. Because he became an anbu captain at age 13, to be an anbu captain you must be atleast jounin... at 13, jounin&#33;&#33;&#33;, it&#39;s like naruto being jounin now...

villin
    I know Itachi became a chuunin at 7 then captain of the ANBU at 13 but I can&#39;t find him becoming a jounin anywhere. Strength alone is not enough to advance in rank and it doesn&#39;t say anywhere that there is a rank restriction on becoming an ANBU.

He&#39;s a missing nin now. That&#39;s a seperate class, on it&#39;s own.

I would like to point out something that I don&#39;t think has been mentioned. If Kakashi seems like just an avaerage Jounin it&#39;s because we&#39;ve seen some of the best Jounins. There are probably dozens of jounins in Konoha that we never see. We only see the star players. Do you remember early on in the series when Kakashi was telling Sakura that a country&#39;s ninjas are the equivelant to their military power? You need more than a dozen good soldiers to be in a military. We saw this in flashbacks to the fight against the Kyuubi. Kishimoto never spends much time dealing with unimportant characters like Kiba&#39;s dad for instance because these characters are not powerful. Out of the many dozen jounins in Konoha, Kakashi was one of the strongest.

I know that a lot of people are going to shout that I have no proof and I&#39;m working on assumptions. That&#39;s fine. I just want to try to put things in perspective. I know that Kakashi isn&#39;t the strongest character in the series, but he is strong for a jounin. I doubt Zabuza&#39;s guide book lists every jounin in the world. Why do you think Kakashi was included?
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

As you can tell i really love Kakashi but if you read the manga then you would really know that that there are some WICKED POWERFUL jounins in the LEAF Like Neji&#39;s dad&#39;s power is insane, same with the other fathers.