Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gai should have saved lee...

i frankly doubt lee could have surpassed the 3rd... after there have to be a couple of ninjutsu's or genjutsu's which can defeat even the strongest taijutsu...

Gai said Lee could if he believed in himself!!!

Thats why Lee improved so rapidly

Besides when Lee opens gates he has enough chakra to move his body at high speeds mid-air, i still don't get why he "can't use it for anything else"

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thermonuclear @ Dec 21 2003, 04:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gai said Lee could if he believed in himself&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thats why Lee improved so rapidly

Besides when Lee opens gates he has enough chakra to move his body at high speeds mid-air, i still don&#39;t get why he &quot;can&#39;t use it for anything else&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    but the opening of gates only improves chakra flow to the muscles of the body.. it does not allow for better extraction or molding to do high level jutsu&#39;s... and the opening of gates dramatically increases wear and tear on ones body ... not a technique you would wanna try...

There isn&#39;t anything to say Kakashi can&#39;t open his gates.... all he did was ask Gai how many gates Lee could open.

Yeah... and I really like the way that he supports everyone so emphatically even though they are his potential enemies. He&#39;s a really nice guy. That&#39;s probably to compensate for his lack of looks.

I think it wouldve been lame if Gai saved him any sooner, cuz when Lee stands back up all bloody and crushed, thats when i knew he is the freakin man&#33;&#33;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serpico @ Dec 21 2003, 05:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think it wouldve been lame if Gai saved him any sooner, cuz when Lee stands back up all bloody and crushed, thats when i knew he is the freakin man&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    lol yes i have to agree... to stand up after that jutsu... i was like.. OMG&#33; hehe can&#39;t wait for 63... d/ling now...

keep also in mind that I dont think that teachers are even allowed to make the call that Gai did. Its the examiner who stops the fights.

I&#39;m appalled that you people think Lee is un-good-looking. Is my taste in characters that messed up? It&#39;s true I thought he was a weirdo at first ... (as did almost everyone ... ) but I got over that when he saved Sakura (i&#39;m a loser fangirl, I know). I think Lee is adorable, eyebrows and all.

Anyway .. um ... concerning the topic. For all that I love Lee and am terribly distraught that he had to suffer at the sands (PUN&#33; laugh&#33 of Gaara, I think it was fitting. Lee wanted to finish the fight on his own, I believe, and Gai agreed with that. It was ... honourable, or something. Right?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee &#064; Dec 21 2003, 05:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>keep also in mind that I dont think that teachers are even allowed to make the call that Gai did. Its the examiner who stops the fights.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Actualy I think teachers can stop the prelimary matches where their own students are involved...

&quot;Dont worry. If thinks look bad, I`ll stop the match.&quot;

-Sarutobi Asuma to Akimichi Choji

It was a most strategically incorrect thing to do... Rock Lee should have charmed his way past Gaara&#39;s shield, given him a bowl cut and then given him a thumbs up with his (and Gai&#39;s) trademark smile.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I guess if gai actualy saved lee, and lee just rested for a week and fully healed (im talking about if gaara didn&#39;t use the desert coffin on his arm/leg). Then Lee would train for 5 years and probably surpass the 3rd like nothing.

So i guess Kishomoto made Lee get injured so you wouldn&#39;t have a DBZ like show where Lee&gt;all (just like goku&gt; all) =/

Cause Lee was improving way too rapidly, i suppose. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

They Want Naruto as their Goku not Lee. Goku pwned Neji in ep 62 it rocked when Naruto went ssj on him. Vegeta vs Goku&#39;s kaioken . No seriously you’re right tho. Lee was getting to strong to fast. I like lee and all, but with the way lee trains soon they would have had to rename the show Lee. So lee got hurt to slow down his progress.

Lee should have not opened any gates and just battled Gaara without the weights on.

Lee would say to Gaara, &quot;I can keep going for 87 more hours. Your free to give up at any time.&quot;

Gaara would lose to Lee unless he transformed into *SPOILER*.

But then if Gaara did do that, then the 3rd Hokage would have stopped the match and destroyed *SPOILER*.

Either way Lee would have not been injured

Thermonuclear I havn&#39;t read any of the manga for the eps but from what you have said it seems you are spoiling by saying your last statment... it&#39;s no point in not saying the name when you have practically given away what happens.

I don&#39;t think Lee was improving at a huge pace. Without the open gates, and considering he is a year older than the rookie genins, he was simply one of the better ones. The gate opening he can&#39;t keep doing on a regular basis, because he would damage himself and he would have to rest for *more than a week * to recover from torn/ripped muscles and that would and even then when he did he would have to slowly work his way back up to his normal training pace, and his body would have weakened slightly due to not training during that time.

poor lee&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but lee would have been mad at gai if he but in&#33; ....*sniffle* i feel bad 4 lee

Well,I agree&#33; Gai should´ve saved him earlier.....

If Gai saved him earlier Lee had propably started whining about it, because Lee wanted to win, no matter what. And secondly, no-one knew that Gaaras sand attack would be that powerful. And I think that saving him after the sand attack was really better than nothing? After all... The other teachers didn&#39;t even try to save their pupils.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 21 2003, 09:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t think Lee was improving at a huge pace. Without the open gates, and considering he is a year older than the rookie genins, he was simply one of the better ones. The gate opening he can&#39;t keep doing on a regular basis, because he would damage himself and he would have to rest for *more than a week * to recover from torn/ripped muscles and that would and even then when he did he would have to slowly work his way back up to his normal training pace, and his body would have weakened slightly due to not training during that time. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Hmmm i don&#39;t agree DB darling... you see, Lee was already moving at incredible speeds with the leg weights ON. and with them OFF... well... all i saw was Gaara&#39;s ass getting whupped. The opening of the gates was probably just to help Lee drop the little brat faster... of course in the end it did more harm than good... i think that if lee just kept hitting at gaara with that armor on... in the end we would seen an extremely bruised gaara... lol...
    Oh. we do have to give Gai credit... he is one of the warmest and most touching Jounins around.. (waves crashing in the backgroud for effect) yeah i agree with the Romulan

Lee is a cool guy my little brother bought ankle weights because he thought that he would move alot faster just like Lee lol.