Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tag them all!!!

u r teh sad.
    We all know what spoilers are, now go sleep or some, u seem to need it.

NoNoNo, i agree, I don't like it either when manga readers comei n here and say something, or hint at something thats actually right, and i can spot it cause i know a lot ahead only because ive been spoiled 1000 times as a mod. And honestly, if i see a manga reader come in here (ill check for posts in manga forum) that says something that is correct (meaning it came out of manga) ill be issuing warnings. Thanks!

Everyone who has read the manga, or has been reading the manga should have either a special avatar or a warning in their sig! I really dont want to read manga readers opinions (no offense) unless its a technical detail which is explained in the manga. Sometimes theres too much hintage... Well those are my 2¢

I couldn't agree more....I think there's a manga forum for a reason....even though it may be fun to read our speculations on the story, you need not post your informed opinions and ruin it for us...no offence, again.

lucky....

You guys are riduculous.When you hear a word from a manga reader he must be spoiling right.The only time we spoil is when we put something in the spoiler code,even then there is a 50% chance were lying then.Aside from that,we come in here and say nothing,pretend to know nothing,and state ideas that couldn't be farther from the truth.It is rare when we say something truthful about the story in here that would risk spoiling,which would be breaking a rule.

Man, enough times shit has been spoiled because of uncourteous posters...and even when they put it in the spoiler font, Why bother? Don't even post! this forum is for discussion and speculation for anime viewers....talk about what we know, and just don't post in the speculation threads.

lucky....

although i agree some posters spoil things by hinting or just being stupid, its unfair to keep manga readers from posting here. u can't just say "ur not allowed to post here". the tag idea is not bad, it wouldn't discriminate, and it would inform other readers to be weary (sp)......that way no one could say the werent warned........although it might be hard to implement.

i have seen cases where manga readers post what actually happens and pass it off as thier speculation, and while it does work, there is always some idiot (and mods are included in this) who'll go "omg thats a spoiler man, thanx alot for ruining it".

everyone has a rite to give thier opinion (even if thier opinion is actual fact) and as long as no one tries to be smart and point out a possible spoiler, everyhting will be fine.

what we need is not ways of keeping ppl from posting, but ways of keeping *stupid* ppl from posting

Edit:

Kn1ves, i take it something was recently spoiled for u, which caused u to make this thread, correct? or is this just something thats been bothering u for a while?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma @ Dec 20 2003, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> u r teh sad.
    We all know what spoilers are, now go sleep or some, u seem to need it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    you realize that made no sense, right?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baka-chan @ Dec 20 2003, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma &#064; Dec 20 2003, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> u r teh sad.
    We all know what spoilers are, now go sleep or some, u seem to need it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    you realize that made no sense, right? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I seriously? have to explain to you that we ALL dislike SPOILERS&lt;-- (the name I guess)
    , ALL want spoilers dead, ALL see spoilers come and go ..and now this post has to do what ??, start war against the spoilers ??

CHRIST ON A CRACKER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s not like the people who are WRITING the spoilers hate them, or MAYBE they WOULDN&#39;T WRITE them&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; We&#39;re not trying to start a war either. It&#39;s just that it really takes the fun out of it when someone goes of and runs their mouth about this stuff. If people were more dilligent with the color scheme or whatnot it might be okay, and there are forums where spoilers don&#39;t exist, but in the NARUTO ANIME threads people shouldn&#39;t be talking about the manga.

Manga readers can contribute to discussions, we&#39;re not saying you shouldn&#39;t post in the anime forum. Just don&#39;t post in the &quot;what if&quot; or &quot;what do you think will happen&quot; threads.

Show some restraint&#33; if you already know what happens, you have nothing to contribute except biased &quot;speculation.&quot; So stick to the other threads, or the manga forum, and bite ur tounges&#33;

lucky....

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kagari @ Dec 20 2003, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Manga readers can contribute to discussions, we&#39;re not saying you shouldn&#39;t post in the anime forum. Just don&#39;t post in the &quot;what if&quot; or &quot;what do you think will happen&quot; threads.

Show some restraint&#33; if you already know what happens, you have nothing to contribute except biased &quot;speculation.&quot; So stick to the other threads, or the manga forum, and bite ur tounges&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    EXACTLY what I&#39;m trying to say.

This rule should be added.If someone posts a spoiler,dont say so in the forum,but rather pm the warning.You don&#39;t know it&#39;s a spoiler until someone says,for all you know it could be good speculation,which I&#39;ve seen from anime only viewers.Some really hit the nail on the head,as long as someone doesn&#39;t say your correct,or point out a spoiler openly the problem should be almost non-existent.And if worst comes to worst,you could always read the manga,that&#39;s what I ended up doing 4 months ago.

That&#39;s a good point, but it doesn&#39;t change the fact that it&#39;s really obvious when people are speculating and when they actually know. Spoiling really isn&#39;t such a big deal to me, but I like having good conversations about what&#39;s going to happen and that&#39;s made impossible if someone knows and says it, even if we don&#39;t know that they know.

Well its a nice idea but how in the world are you going to tell if someone reads the Magna. its impossible ok so unless the person wants people to not read there post because they might be leaking info. Also what if someone in a thread about &quot;what might happen if ***&quot; guesses right they will be marked as a magna reader and thus there post will be skimmed over becuase of point one.
    &#39;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (woofcat @ Dec 20 2003, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> how in the world are you going to tell if someone reads the Magna.

Also what if someone in a thread about &quot;what might happen if ***&quot; guesses right they will be marked as a magna reader </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    The moderators can tell who reads the manga by looking on the manga forums. Of course it&#39;s not an exact science, but it is sort of easy. If someone just says &quot;i think...&quot; and gives the exact right answer, then it&#39;s not that hard to tell. Besides, we aren&#39;t talking about someone getting booted or even anyone saying &quot;That&#39;s a spoiler&quot;, only that one of the moderators will go talk to the person or something like that.

Yeah, just like many others, when i come into the naruto forum i go into a kind of &quot;not manga&quot; mode, where i try to pretend i jusdt watch the anime. it&#39;s pretty easy, and i just try too remember what i was thinking when i didnt know what was going to happen next when i read that chapter of the manga. If i got it right i then don&#39;t usually say it, i say what i think might sound reasonable, but i&#39;m basicly lying. i try not to use the spoiler tag cause if i do that means im spoiling, and stuff might slip out. some times its really hard to remember that a specific detail is a spoiler though, like if an alternative name for somthing or someone is mentioned, i have been known to almost call it or them the new name that anime viewers haven&#39;t heard yet. thats as far as my spoiling goes though. im usually pretty good about it. plus its funny to convince someone of an opinion you know isnt the correct one

yay, im a chuunin. lets go eat dinner, team. you, genin, hold my knife, you there, grab a fork, ect...

edit: im not trying to attack you for getting mad at us, you have every reason to. just saying that i get as angry as the next guy when i see a spoiler. i sympathize, but there are so many of us that really try to not spoil that i dont think you really can disscriminate without it being totally unfair. the typical manga reader is very considerate, we dont try to spoil most of the time.

Yeah... I don&#39;t let on that I&#39;ve read most of the manga&#39;s either, except the ones that I have read won&#39;t be made into anime until at least episode 65... But that&#39;s the reason that spoiling pisses me off anyway, because it&#39;s so easy to not spoil even if you know that I can&#39;t see why someone else would do it accidentally.

BTW Sir Charles, is your avatar of Faye Valentine? It&#39;s hard to see.

villin
    Well I&#39;ll be the first to tag my sig with the manga reader warning. I have been following the manga for the last 15 months and will continue to do so until its conclusion. Never the less the majority of my posts are in the Naruto anime section. The primary reason for this is simply that it is by far the most popular section on the gotwoot forum, thus carrying a conversation or debate is far more enjoyable. I agree that posting spoilers is pointless and rude(though I strongly disagree with what certain mods consider a spoiler when I know for a fact that it is not). The only time in which I will give information in the anime section that may or may not be considered a spoiler is when I&#39;m specifically asked or when someone is misinformed, and it is always in spoiler format. However I will not post something that is clearly a spoiler even in spoiler format.

Manga readers are getting a bad name because of a few assholes who claim to not read the manga and post their &#39;opinions&#39; in the anime section. I won&#39;t mention any names(I could probably give 15 to 20) but I have seen these same people discussing manga chapters in the manga section.

As I alluded to earlier, mods are not blameless in this situation either. If someone posts what may be considered a spoiler then simply delete that post and PM the person and let them know why there was a problem. For example, I was recently banned from the forum for 5 days. I know for a fact I did not post any spoilers nor did I flame someone. I still have no idea why I was banned. It is completely assanine for some mod who claims to have never read the manga to determine what is and is not a spoiler. Unless you know what will happen in the storyline there is no way to determine spoiler from opinion/theory, the only ones with this information are the manga readers.

Sorry for this rant but I needed to get this off my chest.