Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tag them all!!!

Yeah... I know how you feel. I haven't been in the forum long enough to piss anyone off yet though.

BTW, what exactly is 'flaming'... I don't want to get in trouble for it just cause I'm not clear on what it is.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moses The White @ Dec 20 2003, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah... I know how you feel. I haven&#39;t been in the forum long enough to piss anyone off yet though.

BTW, what exactly is &#39;flaming&#39;... I don&#39;t want to get in trouble for it just cause I&#39;m not clear on what it is. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Example..... Someone says &quot;Rock Lee is going to own Gaara in the prelims&quot; then someone else replies &quot;Are you a fucking idot,Rock Lee can&#39;t even perform a ninjutsu you dumbass&quot; that&#39;s a flame.

I think it means having a go at one another... like:

It&#39;s spelt AmakakAru Ryu No Hirameki you damn retarded fool.

Disclaimer: The Prior statement was meant for educational purposes only, people are free to interpret it as they wish though all interpretations will be denied and refuted on the basis that the only legal interpretation is my one

villin
    &#39;Flaming&#39; - racial slurs, name calling, questioning someone&#39;s sexual orientation, etc.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 20 2003, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s spelt AmakakAru Ryu No Hirameki you damn retarded fool. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Is that true? If so, my bad.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moses The White @ Dec 20 2003, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter &#064; Dec 20 2003, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s spelt AmakakAru Ryu No Hirameki you damn retarded fool. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Is that true? If so, my bad. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Well that&#39;s just my way of spelling it, yours should be fine too.... I was just trying to illustrate the point on flaming

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 20 2003, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> &#39;Flaming&#39; - racial slurs, name calling, questioning someone&#39;s sexual orientation, etc. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    No it doesn&#39;t, and by the way, if you got banned, it was for the right reason, mods do not ban unless they are 100% sure that its right, and they talk to the other mods about it first, so dont go off about the mods.

I don&#39;t read the manga, but ive been spoiled so much as a mod i know whats a spoiler and whats not, so if i see someone that i know reads the manga give their &quot;opinion&quot; on whats gonna happen, and its actually whats gonna happen, theres gonna be some shit hitting the fan.

You were banned because you deserved to be, though i don&#39;t remember who banned you.

Who said a &quot;Manga Reader&quot; tag wouldn&#39;t be discriminating? how about you being the first to wear a yellow star with &quot;jew&quot; on it. Well, no, that&#39;s not discriminating, you said it yourself. Here is reality, please come back. Thanks.

I am a manga reader, yes, but it&#39;s not really difficult to keep track of what happened in the anime. And if you are unsure just do not post. Most manga readers i talked to on irc do - as i do too - report obvious spoilers to the mods. They keep your forum clean.

I can remember incidents when i watched three old Naruto animes just to be sure everything was mentioned in it and after that i was accused of spoiling because people in here do sometimes not even know what they could know without problem. But first - even before thinking - cry out loud &quot;SPOILER&#33;&quot;.

So, why do we not discuss things in our forum? Well, because we are not allowed to. It&#39;s quite impossible to start a meaningful topic with a meaningful title about something 50 anime episodes ahead without saying a word about it in the topic. &quot;Blah&quot; would say more. Look into them, most titles are just the chapter number or &quot;what do you think&quot; - no way you could know if what is in it is interesting. And we are not allowed to do so because anime only Naruto watchers can see the topic titles in the forum overview.
    Still, we do not have a problem with that and take care as much as humanly possible and every time we post in here we get shit.
    There are sometimes manga readers who exactly this pisses of to no end and then they spoil. But that is something imho you have to bear as we have to bare to take back with our discussions because of you.
    Other than that, more than just once or twice you see topics like &quot;what is this but please no spoiler&quot;. Man, do you want to know it our not? If yes, go to the open section, if no don&#39;t start a topic. It&#39;s an invitation for pissed off manga readers.

There are others that are thinking about you all the time, now start thinking for yourself too. You don&#39;t even have to care for others.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it.

I think Elessar&#39;s Avatar perfectly reflects his attitude, no flaming intended.

You shouldn&#39;t be so disgruntled by this. I&#39;ve read some of the mangas myself, as I&#39;m sure many people have, and what we&#39;re saying isn&#39;t aimed at you, but at the people who do spoil. When people make a thread that asks &quot;what happened, no spoilers&quot; it&#39;s because they want speculation and different opinions from people who know just as much as they do, not because they want some angry manga reader (if they even exist) to come and tell them exactly what happened. I&#39;m sure you can understand the distinction.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 21 2003, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is completely assanine for some mod who claims to have never read the manga to determine what is and is not a spoiler. Unless you know what will happen in the storyline there is no way to determine spoiler from opinion/theory, the only ones with this information are the manga readers.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    hmmm sometimes some things are easy to predict or spot as a spoiler
    like when someone says &#39;this person is going to die&#39; or &#39;this person will learn this and that&#39;
    there are lots of no brainer situations
    but you do have a point there. if a mod does not know everything from the manga
    well...it is easy to imagine that certain misunderstandings can take place just because of that

Mods who aren&#39;t sure if its a spoiler, wont warn or ban but they will either look it up or ask another mod.

villin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 20 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    You have stated that you don&#39;t read the manga but can determine what is a spoiler because you have been spoiled yourself 1000 times. I don&#39;t mean to be rude and all but that is really stupid. The manga and the anime do not mirror each other all that much especially lately. There have been critical pieces of information left out of the anime that were better explained in the manga. Even if you do have a general idea of how the story will unfold, I guarantee you can&#39;t fairly judge someone&#39;s post for spoiler content unless you know the specifics.

^
    |
    |
    Very nice description.

edit: oops, meant for this to go after the smiley flaming description. Wonder what happened?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 20 2003, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 20 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    You have stated that you don&#39;t read the manga but can determine what is a spoiler because you have been spoiled yourself 1000 times. I don&#39;t mean to be rude and all but that is really stupid. The manga and the anime do not mirror each other all that much especially lately. There have been critical pieces of information left out of the anime that were better explained in the anime. Even if you do have a general idea of how the story will unfold, I guarantee you can&#39;t fairly judge someone&#39;s post for spoiler content unless you know the specifics. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Ok then ill just explain it better sense you have to come up with an excuse for the manga spoilers, People who read the manga, tell me what happends, and then when i see it in the anime, its not much differen&#39;t so don&#39;t tell me its not much of the same, very small differences. And like i said already, if i dont know for sure thats its a spoil or hinting a spoil, ill find out first before i take action.

villin
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 20 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 20 2003, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 20 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    You have stated that you don&#39;t read the manga but can determine what is a spoiler because you have been spoiled yourself 1000 times. I don&#39;t mean to be rude and all but that is really stupid. The manga and the anime do not mirror each other all that much especially lately. There have been critical pieces of information left out of the anime that were better explained in the anime. Even if you do have a general idea of how the story will unfold, I guarantee you can&#39;t fairly judge someone&#39;s post for spoiler content unless you know the specifics. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Ok then ill just explain it better sense you have to come up with an excuse for the manga spoilers, People who read the manga, tell me what happends, and then when i see it in the anime, its not much differen&#39;t so don&#39;t tell me its not much of the same, very small differences. And like i said already, if i dont know for sure thats its a spoil or hinting a spoil, ill find out first before i take action. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I&#39;m not making excuses for posting spoilers, there is no excuse for posting spoilers.

I did not see your post about &#39;looking it up or asking another mod before taking action&#39; because I was typing my previous post at the time. This seems to be a fair way to determine spoilers, however nobody is perfect and if you or another mod were to ask the person who you felt posted a spoiler perhaps they could explain themselves and maybe point out something you might have missed.

Well, if someone thinks they were unjustly warned or banned, then its their job to pm a mod, or admin. not whine about it in a post. So far no one to my knowledge has been unjustly treated.

Thanks for putting the tag on guys

And yes, someone has spoiled a few things for me.
    Thats why I punched em in the face.

( They were my friends so its ok... ex-friends? haha jm )

@Moses the White:
    you know what that itachi avatar meant to me? exact, about nothing. So let&#39;s take another one from my collection, this time most people won&#39;t know what anime it is from so no false assumptions from no one.

I am well aware that it&#39;s not about me as I do not spoil. Was falsly accused by someone - not a mod, a visitor, though. But I am aware too that I shall be marked as leprous because of things others do. No thanks. The most spoilers I have seen were - Krbadass please correct me - from people that are not that often visiting this board.
    And the ones who get punished by things like these fascist tags are not those. The ones who get punished are those who post a lot in here or there, those who check the forum regularly.

Tag people manga readers - i give you three day, and then &quot;don&#39;t trust him, he reads the manga&quot;, &quot;please, stay away from my thread&quot;, &quot;you, away, no spoilers&quot;. Even if he only talked about the size of the boobs on a posted pic.

@Krbadass: to follow your style of writing: dude, guess what, what I said was just a fact, there is no freedom of topic choice in manga and open section. Something most anime forum just visitors can&#39;t know because they don&#39;t visit these forums.
    And I cannot see what should be false about saying this once in a while. The universe does not end right after one&#39;s point of view.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

I think it should be made clear that most of my comments, and the manga tag in my signature, is all somewhat mocking this. I&#39;ve read so few of the manga that I couldn&#39;t really spoil much if I wanted to, and the comment about your avatar was said in jest. I think that measures should be taken to avoid spoilers, and I think that people shouldn&#39;t get pissed if they are wrongly accussed, but I certainly wouldn&#39;t get as upset as some other people I could mention. I mean jeez, it&#39;s just a forum about an anime series. If you don&#39;t like the people because we get pissed when someone spoils something and you&#39;re afraid we might &quot;descriminate&quot; against you, then go post on one of the other forums, or do something better with your time. I&#39;m going to tag myself, and if people tell me to get of a thread, what can they do? I can only be banned by a mod, and that&#39;ll only be if I actually spoil something, which won&#39;t happen. It&#39;s not such a big deal to me if someone wants to wet their pants because I said that I read a comic.