Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuunin Finals

In the preliminary matches, everyone who lost was out for good, right? But how does it work in the stadium? If everyone fights everyone else and everyone who loses fails the exam, then only one Genin will become a Chuunin. And if not, then why is everyone so intent on winning when they could afford to lose a match or two? It probably has to do with something like "Ninja Honour", but if two people who liked eachother, like Naruto and... Lets say Hinata even though she's out, would one of them HAVE to fail?

No, its said in the last episode of the prelimaries,
    The guys who pass are chosen by their skill and not by their winning score, it could be that all become chuunin or no one become chuunin

Even if you loose the first match, you can still become a chuunin, it's a teamleader that they are searching for, that's 4 sure.

they try to win because
    well
    for each extra battle they make
    they get one more chance to show what they got
    to show how capable they are
    an extra chance to impress

Well, it was explained by the 3rd Hokage that the Chuunin Finals are meant to display an individuals skills. By losing a match, a person necessarily does not automatically lose the opportunity of becoming a chuunin. By winning a match or advancing, you have more opportunities to showcase your abilities and thus increase your chance of becoming a chuunin.

I guess also they think, who wants to lose?

Yeah... I was just thinking about what would happen if two ninja's who were friends were supposed to fight eachother. Or is it only ninjas from different villages? It seems like there are more from Kohona than anywhere else though.

They'd probably handle the fight just about the same as Sakura and Ino did when they fought each other, except a lot more hard core, because sakura and ino are weak.

I woudn't say week >_< they just have their own special skills. Like Sakura has a very keen sence of Chakara. Just becasue she can't fight well, dosn't mean that she wouldn't be a valuable temate on missions. She could see through illusions and help the boys out. Same with Ino.

Can someone remind me whose match is after Gaara and Sasuke's.

kankuro and shino are listed next

I'm pretty sure the next match is shikamaru and temari.

Well if it is Kankuro and Shino then that would be weird because in the preview it shows shikimaru getting pushed in. hm..... Guess I just have to wait for 63.

according to their numbers they should be up next after gaara saskue

naruto and neji had the numbers 1 and 2
    gaara sasuke 3 and 4
    kankuro shino 5 and 6
    temari dosu shikamaru 7, 8 and 9

and their names was also drawn on the tournament tree in one of the earlier episodes
    I don't remember which one though

u will see what happens about the line up, dont worry (I wish i could say more but u guys would be angry because u dont read the manga)

ya its gonna b shino next......cuz remember shika had the extra match, and that was at the very end of the list.

as for him being pushed in, well that doesnt' mean its his match......naruto tends to do alot of stupid things

Just be patient for the next ep

Yes, there are head ninjas, feudal lords and kages as referees. And they choose who will become Chuunins. So everyone could pass, but also there is a possibility that no-one passes.

...so i think that Neji still has the chance to become chuunin.

villin
    I agree that Neji doesn't deserve to be a chuunin, but Naruto does. He used alot of good strategy during the fight. When he did the kage bunshin in the beginning he anticipated Neji's thoughts and deliberatly used that against him. Also, at the end of the fight using the clone as a decoy and attacking from underground where Neji's byakugan would be useless is very intelligent. Just because Naruto is an easy going goofball when he isn't in a fight doesn't mean he can't be serious and focused when the time comes.