Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 64 chakra holes?

Hey! This is my first thread, and I really hope its not a stupid question...but there is something in ep 61-62 I dont get. They were awesome indeed, but how did Neji stop the flow of Naruto's chakra using the 64 hands of Hakke. Neji says he hit all of Naruto's tenketsu..but he only struck naruto a total of 126 times....and in ep 47, at around 4:35, kakashi cleary states that there are 361 tenketsu...so how could it be that Naruto's chakra flow had completey stopped. Not the kyubi chakra, but his own, when Neji didnt hit all of his tenketsu...maybe I'm just overanalyzing this? Thoughts, comments, concerns, insults...feel free to throw them...

maybe when he hits a specific spot his chakra spreads and covers more points. probably why this is a wicked jutsu.

Maybe he just stops the chakra flow from one point for...let's say the hand(that would be on the arm) and some for the arm etc etc
    He doesnt close all of them but only the important links ?
    Just my 2cts

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iznogoud @ Dec 17 2003, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Maybe he just stops the chakra flow from one point for...let&#39;s say the hand(that would be on the arm) and some for the arm etc etc
    He doesnt close all of them but only the important links ?
    Just my 2cts </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    ya i think this is certainly the right answer

Don?t worry this is not a stupid question it is a very good one. I will try to explain it the way I understand it.

Yes there are a lot more the 64 tenketsu but the one neji hit were the critical ones that would prevent chakra flow. Think of it like a city block with roads streets and large highways to stop traffic from moving you only have to block a few intersections to stop flow. That?s how I think it is. There are maybe 64 critical points that if hit can prevent any flow because these are important chakra intersections that regulate flow

i think that if u stop all points the person dies or something liek that that but with 64 u stop them from doing jitsu

if the main ones are hit, then the lesser ones wont be gettin any chakra anyway
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

So couldn&#39;t he just hit one, and stop all the others completly? The main main chakra place, wherever that is.

Chakra flows onto the entire body...there is no such thing as main chakra place...

i&#39;d assume that &quot;main chakra place&quot; thingy is right in the middle of your torso, like in the diagrams they&#39;ve shown. from there, chakra could perhaps be funneled to the 64 main points, and being that the main place isnt a hole, gentle fist can&#39;t close it.

And actually he hit 64 exactly, not 100 something like you said, you don&#39;t add everything he said up, he was just counting as he hit them. he hit 64. and there are 64 main ones, i think its a plot hole actually when kakashi said there was 300 or w/e cause i noticed that too, but its really not big of a deal is it cause we saw what happened?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (not_sponsored @ Dec 17 2003, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> So couldn&#39;t he just hit one, and stop all the others completly? The main main chakra place, wherever that is. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I think that would require you to hit his heart... not a very good idea.. at least if you don&#39;t want to kill somebody ;-)

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 17 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> And actually he hit 64 exactly, not 100 something like you said, you don&#39;t add everything he said up, he was just counting as he hit them. he hit 64. and there are 64 main ones, i think its a plot hole actually when kakashi said there was 300 or w/e cause i noticed that too, but its really not big of a deal is it cause we saw what happened? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    no, if you go back and watch the episode again, you&#39;ll see that Neji actually hits the number of times he says. when he says 2, he hits 2 times, when he says 4, he hits 4 times..etc...

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyuubi @ Dec 17 2003, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 17 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> And actually he hit 64 exactly, not 100 something like you said, you don&#39;t add everything he said up, he was just counting as he hit them. he hit 64. and there are 64 main ones, i think its a plot hole actually when kakashi said there was 300 or w/e cause i noticed that too, but its really not big of a deal is it cause we saw what happened? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    no, if you go back and watch the episode again, you&#39;ll see that Neji actually hits the number of times he says. when he says 2, he hits 2 times, when he says 4, he hits 4 times..etc... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Nah he hit 64 total, im pretty sure.

Im going to stick with the he hits 64 and that they are main valves so they stop the flow

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snowball @ Dec 18 2003, 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Im going to stick with the he hits 64 and that they are main valves so they stop the flow </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    That is also correct. He hit the 64 points where the chakra has to flow through to get into the rest of the body. But as i do study Qi Gong; i am still a bit skeptical about all this, actually i am very skeptical about everything they say about the chakra.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 18 2003, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> when i first saw the move, i took into account both 64 and 128 when i looked back to see what kakashi said, which was over 300 something.....so i drew the conclusion that no matter which one it was, he didnt actually hit EVERY tenketsu in a person&#39;s body. I figured it was 128 myself, but neji DOES say that he hit all 64 points to naruto after he does it </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Exactly you idiots, he SAID that he hit 64, so if he hits more, then its a drawing issue, But really it doesn&#39;t matter in the least bit.

Yes, I also think that those 64 are just the main/critical/important ones...

no, he hits 126 tenketsu. can&#39;t you people see that he hits the the amount he calls&#33; when he says four, he hits 4 times, not 2. when he says 8, he hits 8, not 4. after this, it gets a bit frantic, but you can definately hear a number of hits that is far higher than 16 when he says 32. he absolutely hits over 100&#33;

I agree. As he goes through the moves he shouts out the number and hits that many times. I can&#39;t even believe you guys are arguing this. Even if he only HITS 64 tenketsu, he does strike Naruto 126 times.