Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chapter 197 Discussion

Avatrix
    Since everyone else is establishing their expected plot lines, I'll layout my reasoning for what I expect is likely to happen.

First, I believe the end result is that the Genin team will succeed in returning Sasuke to Konoha. Reasoning: the manga has an established theme that Naruto, through strength, determination and spirit, keeps his promises. He promised himself early on that he would change, and not run from danger: he stood up to Zabuza. He promised he would beat Neji after the defeat of Hinata. Despite odds, he did so. He told Tsunade that he WOULD learn the rasengan, and did so. Now, he's promised Sakura that he would bring back Sasuke. Somehow, he will manage it--likely, though, Sasuke will be more angsty inside, and have the power of the 2nd level seal.

Second, based on the current progression of fighting, one genin will square off with the 3rd Sound. It was already established that Kidoumaru is the strongest of the 4 Sound Nins, so it is feasible that the 3rd could be beaten. Who knows which one it will be. However, that will leave one Sound Nin to continue along with Sasuke, and two genins. I expect Naruto to be present when Sasuke emerges from the protective seal. In fact, my expectation, even from the Chouji fight, is that all five of the genin will converge together after having defeated the four Sound Nins. A Whether there is a Naruto v. Sasuke fight, I don't know. Sasuke may feel that he has been "recognized" by the effort of the genins. He may feel that the 2nd level of the seal is the power he needed from Orochimaru. Or perhaps something none of us have considered will be the winning notion to return Sasuke. Orochimaru himself fears the effect Naruto has had on Sasuke, in terms of drawing him away from the desire for revenge.

It is also my expectation, based on Kishimoto's story telling style, that the genins are not going to die, even Neji and Chouji. Though some of you have expressed distaste for them, they are overall popular characters, and it does not make sense to kill off your main cast! Kishimoto has written about his strong admiration for the Dragonball series (one of his inspirations for becoming a mangaka), and may mimic some of the style of taking characters to their extremes, but somehow they manage to survive. I do not have any idea how Kishimoto plans to pull that off though. We've already seen how long it's taken for Rock Lee to recover from his injuries.

Personally, I just continue to be excited for the forthcoming chapters!

Maybe Kiba is Snake Eyes from GI Joe in disguise?

Seriously though - we either need a 3 on 2 beatdown to commence or an update on whats happening back at Konohana - enough of this one on one stuff..

somehow i think chouji died. despite all the optimism circulating, his story had such closure, with him finnally realizing that he had made a friend, a true friend, which to him ment the sdame as hokage to naruto im assuming. someone mentioned that the butterfly is a symbol of death in japanese culture i think? anyway, i think he has died. neji somehow lives though, no real resoning, just a feeling

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirCharlesIII @ Dec 16 2003, 05:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> someone mentioned that the butterfly is a symbol of death in japanese culture i think? anyway, i think he has died. neji somehow lives though, no real resoning, just a feeling </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    the butterfly comes from the ino-shika-chou combination, which is kinda like royal flash in poker, the meaning is &quot;pig-deer-butterfly&quot;, it&#39;s how they call thier team tactics, so the butterfly is representing chouji, so it&#39;s like a sybol from chouji to his best friend, shikamaru, or something along those lines.

i&#39;ll be extermaly dissapointed if none of the genins will die or get into a lee-like state, otherwise, all the near death situations will be just pure crap reasons to have more 1 on 1 shitty fights.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Neji wont die... i dunno about Choji though. Neji wont die because his trait is to be a genius in creating unbeatable defense/offense. Through the recent battle(and flashback of naruto) it shows that there is a area he has to grow/learn in, and that&#39;s spontanious stratigy. (thats what naruto&#39;s good at).
    shikamaru&#39;s genius is a stratigist, so maybe his new move is something to bring him out of only stratigizing. So far he is only able to get someone in a vunrable position, and has to use a wall/something besides himself to defeat the person. I&#39;m guessing its going to be either kage bunshin(naruto eventually has to be suprised when someone else uses it) or Kishimoto will make a new move for him.

All four of the sound nins specialized in defense in a group(protecting oro against jounins when he was fighting 3rd) and individually. Fat guy had the ground wall that sucked chakra and rejenerated itself. 2nd guy had the web that can be secreted to protect himself.

One of the ones left has a summoning scroll. the other was the one sasuke fought... maybe strong skin lol. iunno

I&#39;m guessing they meet up with eachother, and then kabuto pops out and takes the barrel with sasuke. then it will be a 3 on 2. naruto wont be soloing though i&#39;m pretty sure. there&#39;s been a trend of him fighting solo(against oro, against the bunshin guys out side of the tower, inside the tower against kiba, and the chuunin finals.) so he&#39;ll probably work with kiba since shikamaru&#39;s the leader so he wouldn&#39;t have naruto/kiba solo.

Before the fights it will probably be some backflashes / set up time so the fight begins or gets interesting around 200(one of the new moves, or naruto using rasengan). The sound nin&#39;s probably know naruto knows ransengan so it could also be the nullification of ransengan.

Also notice how none of them have used sound much? just found that funny. i think one of the 2 nin&#39;s left used sound against sasuke but i might be wrong.

I think what may happen is sasuke will get to oro, and then heal if he has to. then he&#39;ll fight oro or kabuto with his new powers to try to kill them/test his strength. possibly it could be a mission assigned to him to find oro/kabuto and someone else pops up(kakashi =P. nah probably someone like jiraiya or maybe tsunade). naruto gets there close to the end of this battle.

That&#39;s my guess

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>And I think the sound nins are very strong when teaming up, e.g. containing the 3rd and Oro, but when they fight singly the gennins can match them. These are pretty special gennin, though</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    i agree with that and i think people give the sound nin too much credit. yes they beat 2 leaf jounins, but they were all fighting together and with level 2 seal. maybe if it was 1 on 1 with the jounin it wouldve been closer.

well.....in reply to them not using sound attacks.....keep in mind that the konoha village doesnt use THAT many leaf attacks.....there&#39;s those taijutsu leaf moves of rock lee......and the replacement technique that uses logs......but other than that there really isnt any &quot;leaf&quot; attacks

also keep in mind that the sound village is new, and so they cant just suddenly come up with all these sound jutsus out of nowhere
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Dec 14 2003, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I believe that we&#39;ll see the trio attacked in the next chapter, Naruto will stay back to fight the enemy for two chapters, and will win easily, but when he randevous with Shika &amp; Kiba he&#39;ll find that they have been beaten to near dust and have to be treated to, chapter 199 will end with Naruto facing the decision of wheather going after Sauke or to do the chunin thing, which is bringing his teammates back to the leaf village. and Chapter 200 will have sasuke getting out of the box and halfly surrender himself to ORO, while Naruto gets back to the village and reports the failture of the mission. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Oh man, that would sound awesome if that happened. I can see that happening.... I hope that does happen cause that would make the story having alot more depth...

Well, 198 raw is already out at a couple of places. You can get it here:

http://www.narutoex.com/rawmanga/manga.html

or

http://narutofan.com/index.php?content=multimedia/manga

More bad hints going for Neji in this one.

This was a good chapter it kinda resolved alot of controversial issues some people had. But now everybody who has read it knows the truth.

I for one can&#39;t wait til Shikamaru fights(not because of the nick), hes a genius. Some of the strategies he comes up with are very good.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shikamaru__ @ Dec 18 2003, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> This was a good chapter it kinda resolved alot of controversial issues some people had. But now everybody who has read it knows the truth.

I for one can&#39;t wait til Shikamaru fights(not because of the nick), hes a genius. Some of the strategies he comes up with are very good. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    The direction that this chapter sucked big time. It may have brought closure, but it was just argh...

Spoiler:

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>They actually killed off Neji like they did with Chouji&#33; Unless the subliminal messages are misleading (which would cheapen the story a bit) then Neji&#39;s dead&#33;</span>

Spoiler end

For this I would gladly say that I don&#39;t want Shikamaru to fight. lol

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Winged Dancer @ Dec 19 2003, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> BTW, am I correct to assume that <span style='color:#D6DBE0'> Orochimaru has a lot of seal-upgraded minions at his service </span>? If it&#39;s so, then the Leaf&#39;s pretty screwed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    well, *spoil*
    <span style='color:#D6DBE0'>the seal only has a 10% survival rate, that&#39;d be a whole lot of dead ninjas if he had a lot of people with it, and that&#39;d attract a lot of attention</span>

I think the Fifth is going to come and save the day by healing everyone.
    Otherwise, Naruto is going to become very lonely.

I know there are a million fan girls who want to turn the scene with Kabuto and Orochimaru into a yaoi fan fiction, but I caught something more interesting.

Doesn&#39;t he look like he&#39;s already thinking about betraying Orochimaru? Kabuto is a seriously cool character.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Kabuto has his own agenda that&#39;s for sure.
    I wonder if he has a demon inside of him, too?

After seeing Neji and Chouji&#39;s fight, I don&#39;t want any of the leafs to fight at all.

Spoilers, whatever...

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>
    First the butterfly (Japan&#39;s sign of death) now a feather, which in this case means that Neji was free of his &quot;fate&quot; at the moment of his death... Neji does mention something like &quot;Naruto... you brought me out from the darkness.&quot;, meaning he&#39;s at peace with things...?
    NEJIII&#33;&#33;&#33; Nooooooooo&#33;&#33;
    It sucks anyway. We&#39;ll have to wait a rather long time, but if they kill Chouji, Neji, Kiba and Shikamaru, it just means that the manga is going to be a lot shorter than we were expecting.
    ...I&#39;m still hoping at least Neji will be alive...
    </span>

And yeah, the direction of the chapter sucked. It just went everywhere&#33; First Neji, then the genins, then it&#39;s evil shower-time...
    BTW, am I correct to assume that <span style='color:#D6DBE0'> Orochimaru has a lot of seal-upgraded minions at his service </span>? If it&#39;s so, then the Leaf&#39;s pretty screwed.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声