Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iruka's power?

i was juss wondering..how strong do you think Iruka is? Cuz he didn't really show us anything in the first episodes, If he became a chuunin he must have some kinda specialty. I wonder if hes strong enough become a jounin soon or someday. Aint it funny how Naruto's stronger than Iruka now...feel sorry for Iruka..he should have a bigger role in da future.

I think he is your average chuunin. A bit stronger then the Demon Brothers

lol, average Chuunin eh? isnt it funny how the Demon Brothers were getting pwned by Sasuke just as he became a Genin?

think about what he could do to Iruka now

yes, and he got pretty much decimated by mizuki in ep 1... then naruto destroyed mizuki. granted, naruto was probably using nien tails chakra.

still though, i don't think iruka is very powerful, but i think he does probably have a great many less combat oriented skills. especially since he's teaching the villages most talented at the academy.

i think iruka is pretty weak, thats why u never see him fight really, but apparently hes a pretty good teacher

He did dress up and trick all three of them (sasuke, sakura and naruto) into believing he was some hostile.. haven't seen that ep for ages so i can't remember what he does. (Before the first exam).

His skills lie in education...
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Education and childcare. He's the man I want to marry. Most of the rational, not-blabering-idiots female fans want to... and that's around four or five girls.

Anyway, I think he's just an average Chuunin, and perhaps even a pacifist one. He does get missions every now and then - he was going to depart for one before Sasuke went evil, remember?

Perhaps, however, he's used more on the tactical/stealth field than for killing people or fighting out in the open. He'd be the kind to sneak into a house, get something and get out real quickly.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Every genin that made it to the prelims seemed stronger than him. Seriously, I don't think he could have gotten out of the 2nd test in the forest unless he had some strong allies.

maybe he can summon Gamabunta

ikura is good because he has good leadership skillz eg you are a leader of a squad when u become chunnin

i think that he is powerful but not as strong as u think that he is

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Winged Dancer @ Dec 12 2003, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Education and childcare. He&#39;s the man I want to marry. Most of the rational, not-blabering-idiots female fans want to... and that&#39;s around four or five girls.
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yes all the rational girls want to marry anime characters.

In all seriousness, I think Iruka is a pretty cool character. Maybe he&#39;s teaching because he was injured or something and can no longer fight on the same level as the other ninjas in the village. That would explain why he has a scar across his face.

An episode about the life of Iruka would be nice. It could show Iruka being injured and the doctors tell him that he&#39;ll never make a full recovery (like Lee). Iruka would sink into a deep depression untill he discovers how much he enjoys teaching.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

if the company that made the GC naruto game got references from kishimoto on how the character stats/abilities should be, then iruka is hella fast and pretty good with those large shurikens
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Um...I think Iruka has always had that scar on his face.

He has to be pretty strong, held up the transformations for a long time in the ep a long time ago.....

Yapp, he already has that scar in the flashback when he wants to go to his parents and join the village&#39;s fight against the kyuubi and when he talks to sandaime in childhood days.

I think Iruka is more the Sakura type. Very good chakra control, very good basic jutsus, nice genjutsu and a few minor offense skills. Yet smarter than Sakura-chan.

And he does not need to be a fighting whore, it would serve no purpose. Iruka&#39;s role in Naruto is to be the model of the new konoha villagers. His parents were killed by the demon fox, but he was the one who overcame this trauma first and acknowledged Naruto as Naruto and not as the fox child. By giving that `spirit` to the other guys in konoha and teach this to the children at the ninja academy he helps Naruto more than fighting alongside.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

He teaches at the academy,obviously not too good,or they would give him a more important role.

well, actually, teaching is a very important role.....he&#39;s kinda responsible for all the future ninjas of the whole village

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 13 2003, 01:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if the company that made the GC naruto game got references from kishimoto on how the character stats/abilities should be, then iruka is hella fast and pretty good with those large shurikens </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yeah, having played the Naruto GC game, I can tell you that he is REALLY fast and also strong.
    Just wondering why we don&#39;t see him fight more often...

Iruka is a chuunin because he is a leader, kinda like Shika. He probably has a lot of sense in fights, it didn&#39;t show a lot against Mizuki, but I&#39;m just guessing...