Thread: Trillion Game

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Trillion Game

307555.jpg

"Old schoolmates Haru and Gaku will do anything to achieve success. And success to them means earning a trillion dollars! But to do so, they'll need to take full advantage of their own unique skills. Haru is a persuasive and confident speaker who can connect with anyone, while Gaku, although awkward, is an expert programmer. Will their combined talents be enough to make their dream a reality?

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): Drama, Psychological, Seinen

Research

1-3

Firstly, from what I read in the manga, you can tell the story had a good amount of thought put into it. The workmanlike attention to detail while remaining digestible keeps it in line with author-kun's other major recent work, Dr. Stone (though that improv work out session feels much sillier in anime form). Overall, this is a great 'fake it till you make it' rags to riches story that focuses on the two halves of a business powerhouse: charisma and ability. The story, for its subject matter, really pumps out the hype when it needs to. On the other hand...

As an adaptation... this is rough. the animation is just barely holding together and you can see the corners as they are cut in motion resulting in a 'moving manga' aesthetic. Some truly attractive character designs feel mismatched with the cheap linework. Good thing the story is the real draw here, which is intact, and the music is surprisingly punching above the rest of the production's weight with some good little bits here and there that inspire hopefulness which enhances the core pathos of the story.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a fun adventure and could use a break from fantasy and teen drama.

This is only for people who like capitalism, right?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Ugh... Not sure how to answer that.

They essentially borderline swindle money out of investors to create a start up company and make it profitable later. They are squarely operating within a capitalistic system, if that's what you mean? It isn't political as of yet, though you are welcome to view the story through whatever lens you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Ugh... Not sure how to answer that.

They essentially borderline swindle money out of investors to create a start up company and make it profitable later. They are squarely operating within a capitalistic system, if that's what you mean? It isn't political as of yet, though you are welcome to view the story through whatever lens you want to.
    Let me clarify then: Are the "heroes" operating with a "money is great, money is the best, money is the meaning of life"-adjacent mindset? That would be offputting to me.

If there's more to it, I might check out the manga though, since you said it's better than the anime.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

The protagonists do certainly operate with the motivation that 'limitless' money would be the ticket to all of their dreams. That seems like more of a means to and end, though as the story itself is about how to maneuver from nothing into fathomless wealth with a mixture of social networking, charisma, bluffing, and people's perception as of now.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Art was a showstopper for me.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.