Thread: Dragon Ball Daima

Dragon Ball Daima

Due to a conspiracy, Goku and his friends are turned small. What sort of adventure awaits Goku, Supreme Kai, and the new characters Glorio and Panzy in this unknown world, the "Demon Realm"?
    --------------
    --------------

Episode 1:

Okay, that was a great first episode. Felt like watching part of a movie quaity-wise. I'm actually looking forward to this adventure.

However, I have two big problems that I need to know:

1.) What does it actually mean to be king of the underworld? Why are these 3 Tamagami so strong that not even the king of the demons can get the underworld's dragon balls? That feels wrong.

2.) So ... is this a complete alternative universe-story like Dragon Ball GT? Or are we to assume that this happened before Dragon Ball Super, despite NO reference ever having been made to this adventure? If this isn't part of the established canon story, then my excitement is severely lowered. Will still watch, but man ... why not just continue Super ...

Anyway. Animations were great. My favorite new piece of information, though, was: Namekians actually ARE from the demon realm Wasn't the big twist in DBZ that Piccolo is not actually a demon, but an alien from planet Namek? And now Toriyama switched it back around, saying "lol, no, the Namekians from planet Namek ACTUALLY steam from the demon realm, so Piccolo was a demon all along!" And really, that makes sense. Because it never made sense that a random alien species was capable of creating something like the Dragon Balls.

Not sure how this goes, but this was a fun start.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Christ, did we really need to spend half the episode recapping the Buu Saga?

And yeah, so far this is just GT...again.

The new demon scientist lady feels like a missed opportunity to make Towa canon.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    2.) So ... is this a complete alternative universe-story like Dragon Ball GT?
    To be fair, GT wasn't an alternate history at the time it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Because it never made sense that a random alien species was capable of creating something like the Dragon Balls.
    ...why?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    ...why?
    Because we found out in Super that the Dragon Balls originally stem from WAY above, from Zeno, from the gods. Why would some random alien species be capable of re-creating them? Sure, you can always say "why not", but Namekians actually being creatures from the realm of demons/gods makes for a better exaplanation imo.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court