15th century Poland—a time when heretical ideas led those who possessed such a mindset to be burned at the stake for their beliefs. Rafał, a child prodigy, is expected to major in theology at university, the most important subject at the time. However, one day he meets a mysterious man, and begins researching a potential "truth" amid heretical ideas!
----------------
----------------

Episode 1:

Ok, this opening is amazing, lol. Made it totally feel like I'm about to watch some Vinland Saga-spinoff

The episode itself was also quite nice, although animation cannot keep up with the Vinland Saga-comparison. Also, the whole "frame" is very small in that first episode, we have no person close to the hero other than the short appearance of Hubert. Most of the episode is a monologue of his thoughts. But that's okay for a first episode, I'm hopeful the cast of characters widens with episode 2 onwards.

The inquisitor also was such a Vinland Saga-character, lol. I'm pretty sure his voice actor actually voices some prominent character in VL, too, sounds very familiar. So did the hero's voice actor, is it the same as Toya from Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai?

Anyway, very glad to see that this turned out interesting so far. Another serious story with character designs where adults don't look like taller children. Hopefully it keeps up. And hopefully some more of you will watch this!