301655.jpg

"* Based on a romantic comedy light novel series written by Takamura Shihon and illustrated by Almic.

Jun is childhood friends with two twin girls with different personalities. He ends up in a love triangle with Rumi, who looks boyish but is an otome (maiden) on the inside, and her twin sister Naori, who is a cute otaku.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Romance, Drama

Research

Honestly... I kinda dig it. Beware, about half the dialogue between specific characters is the most pretentious pop-culture/litierary cringe banter and I hated it, but it was definitely a flavor and sets the sisters apart. The family vibes are homey, real, and fun even if the nerd arguments give me kidney stones.

The dynamics at play here take an episode to make since, but once I have the relationships solidly understood (both sisters like boy, but one got the jump on dating him and feels guilty for it), the drama is... interesting. As mentioned, supporting cast makes the show by releasing some of the constant angst the sisters are brooding in.

It really got better the more I watched, even if I hate some of the forced quippy movie quote dialogue.