300804.jpg

"* Based on an adventure fantasy manga by Satou Masamichi.

Nikola is just a village girl working at the inn...until the day dragons invade, and she meets Haga, a scholar of everything around him. He's a part of an elite society called "Seeker," created to address a series of maladies plaguing their usually peaceful world. But both Nikola and Haga have secrets they hide...ones that will change each other's very existence...

Source: Kodansha"

Genre(s): Adventure, MMO/Fantasy

Research

I would recommend watching the first episode for the 'twist' before reading any detailed synopsis of what this is.

In spite of the 'trapped in a game' trappings, this is playing out like a traditional fantasy adventure more than I would have ever thought. A pleasant surprise of a show. Meager animation on the whole, but seldom outright ugly and the promise of adventure is tangible. The 'super' class of people being beta testers from different walks, all unable to leave is a novel disconnect to the NPCs they interact with (I never watched Log Horizon). Haga willfully refusing to use the debugging 'cheats' and fighting other players at a disadvantage is interesting as well.

I would say this show is a great example of setting and fulfilling your story's scope almost perfectly. We know what the characters goals are, we see the actions taken to advance by those who haven't given up, and there's no piddling around for no reason (though Haga's caution slows them down). The AI character makes a good quest giver, there's no real chaff and... well... It's looking to be a fun adventure. Give it a shot.