143526.jpg

""The feeling of wanting to cheer someone on... where does it come from?"

Six high school girls with diverse hobbies, skills, and personalities. Each carrying their own worries, they run, shout, collide, daydream... When the pure desire to support aligns, their cheers resonate in the hearts of those involved. The support of these six high school girls from Gunma might just change the world a little bit?"

Genre(s): Sports, Drama, Slice of Life

Research

One of 3 P.A. Works shows this season, Na-Nare is all you have come to expect from the studio. Fleshed out character writing navigating a fairly mundane "real life" scenario where they all get a chance to grow and discover themselves. This time it is to the backdrop of cheerleading, as a performance sport. We have the estranged friends with passions about the activity, the 'middle school disaster' that is the catalyst for the current situation, and even some new faces mixed in to keep the dynamic fresh. Written like a well oiled machine; if those were written somehow. I'm not quite sold, as many scenes creep eerily close to 'cute girls drink tea and talk', and the cheering itself is kept mostly offscreen while motivations percolate. I may watch more, but as of episode 2, there wasn't enough plot momentum to excite me for what's to come.