Thread: Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi

297215.jpg

"* Based on a history adventure manga by Matsui Yuusei.

In medieval Japan, eight-year-old Houjou Tokiyuki is the heir to the Kamakura shogunate. But the Houjou clan is in decline, and Tokiyuki's peaceful days of playing hide-and-seek with his teachers come to an abrupt end when his clan is betrayed from within. The lone survivor of his family, Tokiyuki is the rightful heir to the throne, but to take it back, he'll have to do what he does best—run away!

Source: Viz"

Genre(s): Adventure, Historical, Action, Psychological

Research

A strong premiere. Great animation and an interesting premise that uses its tone shift well to establish the world and character motivations. The action scenes are interesting, but clearly not the storytelling focus. Strangely enough, I am excited about where the story is going when, honestly it hasn't done much yet to reveal the 'core' quest. The eccentric Shinto priest is unfortunately shoehorned feeling, as if author-kun needed a convenient valve to inject levity (this was true of his previous series as well) and offset the darker tone here. Interesting so far.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Yup.
    So far this was most enjoyable and I hope it will be worthy of anime of the season.
    Animation quality wise, it already is for sure.

I think this might be one of the most "beautiful" ones in general (movies/ovas excluded)

Episode 3 is out btw

God I love the opening/ending.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    They do bop.

Good thing we got a glimpse of the sniper lord or whoever their next opposition will be. At this point, I'm going to need a much more clear depiction of how winning a war/battle via a game of tag will work to remain interested.

Episode 4

Nooooooooohooooohooooo....... why that weird CGI animation when you did so well in the earlier episodes.
    It doesn't have to be like episode 1, but that that is completely out of place in what otherwise looks so sweet.
    *sob*