Thread: Summer Season 2024

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    You say this multiple times a year, and it fundamentally and objectively is not true. I see no reason to repeat the rebuttal I wrote last time across dozens of posts, so find it and re-read it.

Anime adaptations are going to be what sells, as DEX pointed out.
    This doesn't contradict what I wrote.

Yes, shit stories are made into shit anime, because it sells. At the same time, they remain shit, unlike anime from 20-30 years ago which told bonafide great stories combined with great animation.

Just because you like modern gimmick bait doesn't mean anime is good.

And I don't read manga. I watch anime and commented on that.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    When Crunchyroll took over licensing and Funimation subsequently bought CR and took their name because Funimation's was permanently tainted by their decades of lower quality that made CR rise over them in the first place.

There's no fansubbers anymore, just rippers using the official simulcast translation.

The OP/ED lyrics come when the singles are released. Same as fansubs did mid-season. But good riddance to the karaoke hardsubs on top of the OP/ED, imo.

so you're saying that it's normal to have multiple lines of dialog clashing like this?
    Screenshot 2024-07-06 103451.jpg

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    This doesn't contradict what I wrote.

Yes, shit stories are made into shit anime, because it sells. At the same time, they remain shit, unlike anime from 20-30 years ago which told bonafide great stories combined with great animation.

Just because you like modern gimmick bait doesn't mean anime is good.

And I don't read manga. I watch anime and commented on that.
    Oh come on, you know damn well that the majority of animes 20-30 years ago were absolute shit as well. It's not true at all that they used to be better, no matter how much you want to deny it.
    It's rare for anime to have good writing or direction.
    All the kid shows you probably liked are absolute garbage and full of these nonsense situations you are complaining abut.
    ("Parry" is shitty writing and low effort, just pointing that out in case someone might think I'm defending that garbage)

And that's just the stuff you watched like everyone else on RTL2, VOX, MTV and the likes.
    The sea had way more fish, fish that never crossed the sea, that were even dumber than what we watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    so you're saying that it's normal to have multiple lines of dialog clashing like this?
    Screenshot 2024-07-06 103451.jpg
    I don't watch streams, I guess this will get fixed soon. It's not "standard" at all though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 07-06-2024 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Oh come on, you know damn well that the majority of animes 20-30 years ago were absolute shit as well. It's not true at all that they used to be better, no matter how much you want to deny it.
    It's rare for anime to have good writing or direction.
    All the kid shows you probably liked are absolute garbage and full of these nonsense situations you are complaining abut.
    ("Parry" is shitty writing and low effort, just pointing that out in case someone might think I'm defending that garbage)

And that's just the stuff you watched like everyone else on RTL2, VOX, MTV and the likes.
    The sea had way more fish, fish that never crossed the sea, that were even dumber than what we watched.
    But I'm not comparing EVERYTHING then to EVERYTHING now. I'm comparing the best from then to the best from now and that difference is crass imo.

Simple question: Which fantasy anime of the past 5 years is on par with Record of Ldoss War? Certainly not Mushoku Tensei, as much as I'm enjoying it.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court