Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
I'm just so tired of all these ONE GIMMICK-anime. Have anime producers/manga writers lost their ability to write ACTUAL stories? Compare Record of Lodoss War to "I parry everything" - WTF?!? Or BERSERK. If BERSERK were made today, it'd be called "My Sword is so big is it really a sword?" and the whole story would focus on Guts shocking people with his giant sword. :/ Why can't we have coherent, GOOD, well-written stories anymore where, sure, crazy stuff happens, but it is NOT the main focus? If the guy here wants to parry everything, sure, let him. But WHY DOES THAT DEFINE THE WHOLE STORY?!? It's so fucking frustrating.
What? You don't think the premise of an elf that can't stop eating french fries is fertile enough ground to carry an entire series?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
It feels like modern anime-makers (or the mangaka writing the stories that get adapted) have completely forgotten how to tell GOOD stories. Now it's all about singular "cool" scenes, some marketable gimmick and an utmost generic artstyle that doesn't offend anyone.
They haven't forgotten. That's just what their dipshit shut-in audiences want. And they want to pay their bills.