Thread: Summer Season 2024

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    It feels like modern anime-makers (or the mangaka writing the stories that get adapted) have completely forgotten how to tell GOOD stories.
    I really refuse any notion of "everything used to be better back then"-boomer accusations, because at least for anime, it's simply true. Anime used to be so much better.
    You say this multiple times a year, and it fundamentally and objectively is not true. I see no reason to repeat the rebuttal I wrote last time across dozens of posts, so find it and re-read it.

Anime adaptations are going to be what sells, as DEX pointed out.

As for manga, you're reading the wrong shit and that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    also, when did the translation become so bad and so low effort?
    Twenty years ago we would get each OP and ED fully translated, kanji and romanji to sing along. now we don't have anything.
    They would never allow the subtitles to clash with the on-screen text and create this unreadable mess.
    and they would have translated the MC's name as Null, indicating that he has no skills.
    this is basic shit.
    When Crunchyroll took over licensing and Funimation subsequently bought CR and took their name because Funimation's was permanently tainted by their decades of lower quality that made CR rise over them in the first place.

There's no fansubbers anymore, just rippers using the official simulcast translation.

The OP/ED lyrics come when the singles are released. Same as fansubs did mid-season. But good riddance to the karaoke hardsubs on top of the OP/ED, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    What? You don't think the premise of an elf that can't stop eating french fries is fertile enough ground to carry an entire series?
    How little you know...
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 07-05-2024 at 07:11 PM.