Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaijuu No. 8

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    What makes you think he even considers Hibino a human that transforms into a Kaiju and not the other way around?

And I don't know why the writer felt clever about the part where asshole dad tells the scientists "those bindings are useless, he could break them and stand up any time he wanted". Yeah, WE KNOW. But why did nobody else in this show know?!
    And what makes you think that?
    That idiot scientist didn't "know" (or perhaps just didn't want to break protocol), but why do you think they are in an underground facility with like 500m of steel all around them, if they had this "powerful chair"?

You should think a bit more about stuff from time to time.

It's so obvious that the father is a "purist" and that this is a very viable and emotion driven plotpoint you seemed to have missed entirely. That doesn't make him "dumb".

And the focus on that specific scene was actually the dad indirectly saying that he is stronger than that Kaiju, that was the author being "clever". Him asking "who do you think you are talking to" was not just about file&rank.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 06-22-2024 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What makes you think he even considers Hibino a human that transforms into a Kaiju and not the other way around?
    Ashiro would have told him that he's her childhood friend, so she can confirm he is a human who somehow attained kaijuu powers. "What makes you think she told asshole guy?" - I assume the writing isn't THAT dumb ...

And what makes you think that?
    That idiot scientist didn't "know" (or perhaps just didn't want to break protocol), but why do you think they are in an underground facility with like 500m of steel all around them, if they had this "powerful chair"?
    SO WHY IS HE IN A USELESS CHAIR?! That's what I'm ranting about.

You should think a bit more about stuff from time to time.
    No, I should think LESS, that's the problem with these single digit brain cell stories.

It's so obvious that the father is a "purist" and that this is a very viable and emotion driven plotpoint you seemed to have missed entirely. That doesn't make him "dumb".
    Him as a superior ignoring important information makes him dumb. Him being a "purist" makes him dumb. Him basing his actions on a single tragedy in the past makes him dumb. He's dumb dumb dumb.

And the focus on that specific scene was actually the dad indirectly saying that he is stronger than that Kaiju, that was the author being "clever". Him asking "who do you think you are talking to" was not just about file&rank.
    That he's (so far) stronger than a numbered kaijuu is just another problem with this anime. WHY is anyone scared of kaijuu when there's not a single kaijuu that cannot be defeated with ease by these upper guys? Lol

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    So my shonen take from this:
    Shinomiya's dad pushes Hibino hard to check if he can handle the unleashed monster inside him. Pretty sure he understands a fully controlled Hibino is a lot better than using his body parts as weapons. But if Hibino loses against his kaiju side, then his body parts are still valuable.
    The shonen fight is lame, or rather how it starts and works. Nice visuals. Also why would the daughter witness that. I understand she serves as a witness and will be the link to Hibino's getting back to the team. Well the whole setting is dumb.

The whole part of Hibino being detained like this is some kind of test too.

Didn't think about the obvious idea the public better not know some humans can turn to Kaijus. After all nobody has seen how it happened like we did.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Ashiro would have told him that he's her childhood friend, so she can confirm he is a human who somehow attained kaijuu powers. "What makes you think she told asshole guy?" - I assume the writing isn't THAT dumb ...
    And that would somehow guarantee that he was born human for what reason exactly?
    It doesn't even adress the fact that he can still be a monster in disguise and that he is a risk.
    As you could clearly see in this episode, he lost control of himself. So what now?

SO WHY IS HE IN A USELESS CHAIR?! That's what I'm ranting about.
    Because even in real-life we do what little we can when it comes to security, even if it doesn't really do anything? Why are you even ranting about that? Whats the difference between him in a chair or him just standing in that room, lmao.

I also wonder what's more stupid, expecting them to have some kind of anti-kaiju chackles for Kaiju's that never appeared before (human shaped) or having him in that chair so that the lab-guys feel confident enough to enter the room and do physical exams.

No, I should think LESS, that's the problem with these single digit brain cell stories.
    nope, you should really just start thinking and use your single digit brain-cells from time to time.

Because right now you aren't doing that, considering that you think MC will behave just because... he is the MC? And you are surprised that this isn't enough of a reason for a character in this story.
    The actual stupid thing happened when he first transformed into a kaiju and the supporting-white hair dude wasn't scared and tried to help him. *That's* dumb and stupid and very unlikely to happen in a more real scenario. Funnily enough, that's what you now consider to be rational, lol.

Him as a superior ignoring important information makes him dumb. Him being a "purist" makes him dumb. Him basing his actions on a single tragedy in the past makes him dumb. He's dumb dumb dumb.
    Nope, not at all, it makes him a character in this story that is interesting and not a robot.
    Kaijus are literally attacking for decades and destroyed and killed thousands (at the very least) of human beings, children, women - everyone.
    So far we have no idea if he even ignored that information. It's just that the information is worthless on it's own to him and someone in his position.

Please tell me, what happens if he trusts him and he actually goes rampage and kills people?
    Right now, he is rampaging. Sure thing, he got provoked, but what if that "thing" inside him will just do that on it's own some day. Do you know what will happen then? Does he know? Does anyone in this story know?
    Was it still the "right choice" to trust him then?
    I wonder what the thousands of people that will lose their relatives think and have to say after the Defence Bureau used a Kaiju to fight humanities mortal enemy - Kaijus.
    Not even MC himself knows what is actually happening or what happened to him ... and you expect someone else to trust him when lives are at stake? Not only that, when he turns hostile at the wrong time, he can effectively ruin the nations defense and kill the strongest assets the country has in seconds because they don't see it coming.

Yeah, right....

Hell, we as a viewer actually can't be sure either and have to hope that it's some kind of rogue Kaiju that wants to kill other Kaijus (referring to what that fly-thing said inside MCs mind).
    That he's (so far) stronger than a numbered kaijuu is just another problem with this anime. WHY is anyone scared of kaijuu when there's not a single kaijuu that cannot be defeated with ease by these upper guys? Lol
    Because we've seen them killing and destorying everything even with these people around and because they can't be everywhere?
    Again, perhaps "think" for a second here?
    Why do criminals exist and why are you scared about them even though the police exists - don't be freaking weird.
    You are really trying hard to be an idiot right now just so you can have some argument.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Yesterday at 03:14 AM.

And that would somehow guarantee that he was born human for what reason exactly?
    It doesn't even adress the fact that he can still be a monster in disguise and that he is a risk.
    As you could clearly see in this episode, he lost control of himself. So what now?

Because even in real-life we do what little we can when it comes to security, even if it doesn't really do anything? Why are you even ranting about that? Whats the difference between him in a chair or him just standing in that room, lmao.

I also wonder what's more stupid, expecting them to have some kind of anti-kaiju chackles for Kaiju's that never appeared before (human shaped) or having him in that chair so that the lab-guys feel confident enough to enter the room and do physical exams.

nope, you should really just start thinking and use your single digit brain-cells from time to time.

Because right now you aren't doing that, considering that you think MC will behave just because... he is the MC? And you are surprised that this isn't enough of a reason for a character in this story.
    The actual stupid thing happened when he first transformed into a kaiju and the supporting-white hair dude wasn't scared and tried to help him. *That's* dumb and stupid and very unlikely to happen in a more real scenario. Funnily enough, that's what you now consider to be rational, lol.

Nope, not at all, it makes him a character in this story that is interesting and not a robot.
    Kaijus are literally attacking for decades and destroyed and killed thousands (at the very least) of human beings, children, women - everyone.
    So far we have no idea if he even ignored that information. It's just that the information is worthless on it's own to him and someone in his position.

Please tell me, what happens if he trusts him and he actually goes rampage and kills people?
    Right now, he is rampaging. Sure thing, he got provoked, but what if that "thing" inside him will just do that on it's own some day. Do you know what will happen then? Does he know? Does anyone in this story know?
    Was it still the "right choice" to trust him then?
    I wonder what the thousands of people that will lose their relatives think and have to say after the Defence Bureau used a Kaiju to fight humanities mortal enemy - Kaijus.
    Not even MC himself knows what is actually happening or what happened to him ... and you expect someone else to trust him when lives are at stake? Not only that, when he turns hostile at the wrong time, he can effectively ruin the nations defense and kill the strongest assets the country has in seconds because they don't see it coming.

Yeah, right....

Hell, we as a viewer actually can't be sure either and have to hope that it's some kind of rogue Kaiju that wants to kill other Kaijus (referring to what that fly-thing said inside MCs mind).

Because we've seen them killing and destorying everything even with these people around and because they can't be everywhere?
    Again, perhaps "think" for a second here?
    Why do criminals exist and why are you scared about them even though the police exists - don't be freaking weird.
    You are really trying hard to be an idiot right now just so you can have some argument.
    You really shouldn't tell anyone to "think". You're not exactly a great example of "thinking".

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Unlike you, who can tell us thing or two about what's "dumb", since you are an expert in that field...having all that experience in it.

Nice arguments btw.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Yesterday at 07:52 AM.

Unlike you, who can tell us thing or two about what's "dumb", since you are an expert in that field...having all that experience in it.

Nice arguments btw.
    "us"

Speak for yourself.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I'll let you clear the recent messages, please?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.