Thread: The New Gate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quality control team has been killed? Consistency and overall drawing quality was low already, but in that ep that was really abysmal.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Quality control team has been killed? Consistency and overall drawing quality was low already, but in that ep that was really abysmal.
    It was bizarre. It's like this suddenly became a totally different show. I reckon using generative AI, drawing from the old episodes, would have produced better results than whatever this was. I can't really remember feeling like this for years, when watching anime. Maybe the last time was ages ago with those particular Naturo fight sequences, where drawing accuracy was dropped to 10%, with 90% dedicated to fast and fluid movement. It served its purpose in those few episodes, though.

This was just another one of the anime series that work as nothing but advertisement for the original light novels. The manga is quite a lot ahead of where this anime stopped. I don't know if the light novel is already finished, but just looking back at these 12 eps and then considering how demons were just introduced and got something very minor done, and then even former PKs were thrown around, it's safe to assume this is nothing but the very beginning of the whole story. A slow series, in other words.