Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
Nah. I'll drop well-rated shows too, if they are doing retread plots from the 1990s and early 2000s. It's why I can't watch generic fluffy wish-fulfillment romance series at all anymore. They don't bring anything new that their superior predecessors didn't already cover. But other people love them because they haven't seen that stuff before a dozen times. It's not bad, it just isn't treading new ground.

Or I'll drop series if their pacing is too drawn out. From my perspective these days, anime production companies have an obligation to manage the pacing better than the source material if it was lacking.

In the last few years, I struggle to watch anime of manga I've previously read if the adaptations don't elevate anything in particular (e.g. Spy x Family, Mahoutsukai no Yome both fell into this). I still really enjoy the material, but a faithful adaptation doesn't really add anything.
I didn't say "well-reated", Ryll. I said "great shows" as in "shows you find great". When those air, you'll watch them. Simple as that.