Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess this is where this goes...

Kiva realy nice job and l33t pic

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shardz @ Dec 19 2003, 10:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> btw, do u ink it? cuz it doesnt look like pencil

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    yeah ..

I was going to ask the same Q..

what did you use to ink it?

one again, very well done

If you finish before January 14th, you should enter your manga in the manga contest, you should have a really good shot&#33;

He reminds me of that hero from Kingdom Hearts....indeed

What do I use to ink? A brand of crappy pens. 1 decent pen for fine lines and 2 decent pens for large black areas (like hair and such). I also have 3 of this other brand that I&#39;m gonna use for inking large black areas once the ink in my other 2 run out.

The one for fine lines is a &#39; 0.3mm staedtler pigment liner&#39; whatever the hell that means.
    The 2 black area pens are a &#39;0.5mm BiC Z4&#39;. It bleeds a lot so it&#39;s good for surface stuff. Although the pros use actual brushes with ink on them for large black areas. I have no brushes...or ink for that matter so I have to use a pen. I&#39;m considering just filling in all the black areas in photoshop or something. It takes too long if I have to ink really big areas.

Anyways, hope that helps. I&#39;m not really good at answering stuff like this.

As for the enter the manga into the contest thing, that&#39;s not happening since there&#39;s no way I&#39;m finishing it by January 14. There&#39;s still like...20-30 pages at least left to go.

But since it&#39;s only the backgrounds that take really really long to do, I can just de-emphasize them and draw them good, but not uber-detailed so that you know where the characters are and such. This should result in an overall speed increase. I don&#39;t have too much trouble drawing characters too fast (except when they&#39;re in crazy-ass poses/angles).

Later

omg thats awesome, im trying to draw a manga also but urs would blow it away. btw, do u ink it? cuz it doesnt look like pencil

grrr

must finish cover of manga

i was just wondering... wats this manga contest everyone speaks of?

this contest (im so stupid for getting more competition )

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5608

o well at least kivas not entering his manga. that would own mine. i dont have any .4563545 blahblah milimeter decimeter fine tip ball point pens or w/e just a pencil and printer paper.

btw i finished the cover&#33; now need to get my friend to scan it...hopefully itll look better after its pshoped

im glad kiva posted his manga.... im inspired to do some manga now...i want to make my own story...

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kiva128 @ Dec 20 2003, 06:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What do I use to ink? A brand of crappy pens. 1 decent pen for fine lines and 2 decent pens for large black areas (like hair and such). I also have 3 of this other brand that I&#39;m gonna use for inking large black areas once the ink in my other 2 run out.

The one for fine lines is a &#39; 0.3mm staedtler pigment liner&#39; whatever the hell that means.
    The 2 black area pens are a &#39;0.5mm BiC Z4&#39;. It bleeds a lot so it&#39;s good for surface stuff. Although the pros use actual brushes with ink on them for large black areas. I have no brushes...or ink for that matter so I have to use a pen. I&#39;m considering just filling in all the black areas in photoshop or something. It takes too long if I have to ink really big areas.

Anyways, hope that helps. I&#39;m not really good at answering stuff like this.
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Thanks Kiva that was helpful&#33;&#33;

*bump*

New page is out, guys. Check it out~

oHH..i like the last panel with the eyes...