Thread: Me-gumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Me-gumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange

295726.jpg

"Toake Daigo burns with remarkable talent and unparalleled determination. Onoda Shun struggles against the walls blocking his own path. Nakamura Yuki hopes to become one of the few female members of the special rescue corps known as "Orange." When these three young firefighters who share the goal of becoming members of Orange come together, the story of how Japan will one day be saved begins... and what looms before them is a crisis that endangers the entire country!

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): Shounen, Rescue, Drama

Research

Not what I'm used to getting most seasons. The first three episodes go over the grueling 'boot camp' for the special rescue corps' in Tokyo and get us up to speed with the characters while also introducing the tone of the show: pretty serious most of the time. Some light levity, but during crisis, the attitudes of everybody are 100% serious on the preservation of life, which I appreciate. That the synopsis builds their rescue efforts up to influencing the 'entire country' seems far fetched, but I'll gladly see where it takes us. Animation is sparse, looking somewhat low budget, but considering the additional detail of firefighting equipment in most shots, I'll let it slide. Recommended if firefighting sounds interesting to you.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    True for animation and in some stills MC really looks like a large insect due to very bad facial drawing/proportions.

The other concern is with their motto that seem to refer to old dangerous values: you have to take risks or even become selfless to the point of losing life or become disabled to perform.
    In France Parisian Firefighters brigade motto was "Save or die" It's still there but a more modern motto is :" Courage and devotion"

I can understand that danger and risk are at the root of the job, hence the training and everyday tests...
    But I'm in the camp of those who think going overboard, taking to much risk or like last scene dislocating your shoulder for the job, is not the right mindset.
    At some point you might become a victim of your mindset and expose other firefighters. Either on a dangerous scene, or because they have to save you when you fail.
    And don't get me wrong, I know I can be a victim someday and need help and some decisions are split second.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.