Thread: Kimi no Koto ga Dai Dai Dai Dai Daisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Kimi no Koto ga Dai Dai Dai Dai Daisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo

291188.jpg

"* Based on a harem romcom manga written by Nakamura Rikito and drawn by Nozawa Yukiko.

Aijou Rentarou has asked a hundred girls out and struck out every time. In desperation, he prays for guidance, only to be told by a god that his rejections were due to a cosmic mishap! Now this god will set things right by making sure Aijou gets one hundred dates. Except, as things often go with gods, there's a catch: each of his one hundred dates is Aijou's destined soulmate! Worse, if he doesn't return their feelings, they'll all die in horrible—and hilarious—accidents!

Source: Seven Seas Entertainment"

Research

From reading the manga, this gets a precursory thumbs up from me, but after seeing the first episode, I can say the adaptation looks to be on point. This is a comedy, first and foremost. The harem is the vehicle for jokes going forward, if your worry is about the promotion of polygamy; in the series, almost half the jokes are about how impossible it would be for anyone to please this many ladies and the lengths Rentaro goes through to do just that. The real strength of this series in my experience lies in its ability to lean into 4th wall breaking elements that have been thankfully adapted to anime as of episode 1, and the sheer variety of jokes. There's a lot of fun to be had here if you don't take it too seriously.

Still rolling strong gags with reckless abandon (the vice principal and eye poke bits got me more than they should), and girl 3 has been introduced. Rolling along swimmingly.

Princess get. Not my favorite girl, as her character largely amounts to 'small animal', and I agree with 'unreasonable society' that she would need to learn to speak if she has the capacity to, for her own sake. Made this episode a bit of a slog, but I know the manga hits much more often than it missed, so keeping my peepers open for next week's ep.

Watched all of this cause people liked it.

This was funny as hell! The translation team killed it.

Rentaro is best boy of all time.

---

As soon as I saw Hikari's mom was hot I was like, "Oh no!"

Loved that last credits previewing S2's girls.

If Maid ever opens her eyes, I'm sure she'll also be done for.

Also, I think Rentaro's friend is secret girl.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Not my favorite girl, as her character largely amounts to 'small animal'
    "smol floof".

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    and I agree with 'unreasonable society' that she would need to learn to speak if she has the capacity to, for her own sake.
    I don't understand why she can't just type out what she wants to say instead if highlighting text.

I presume she knows the books well enough that her current method is supposed to be faster than typing free form.

I forgot all of the references in 100 girlfriends, pop culture and weeb alike.

Glad you liked it. It was a fun show for sure, in no small part because it tries to do something truly new with the absurd concept of the harem.

The two conflicts I've been waiting for from the start were:

1. When are these girls parents going to start being like, "You're doing WHAT now?!" Which we already got.

2. When are the other guys in the school going to start being like, "What is going on in this school!!"

I've also noticed so far that we've seen nothing of Rentaro's home life so far. And I'm mildly terrified with what will happen when they do. Does he have a sister? Is his mom divorced? I'm scared to ask these questions!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I've also noticed so far that we've seen nothing of Rentaro's home life so far. And I'm mildly terrified with what will happen when they do. Does he have a sister? Is his mom divorced? I'm scared to ask these questions!
    It doesn't matter.

I only read the manga (btw, Hahari is best girl).

I also don't think it is a spoiler to say that Rentarou spends 100% of his time devoted to his harem.

highlight for negligible spoiler[He sleeps 2 hours a night, he is literally powered by love. The rest of the time he is: doing something for one of his girlfriends, studying, bettering himself, exercising, or working part-time to get spending money to spend on them.]